View Poll Results: What do users think of the new BibleWorks 9 icons?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • They don't matter to me. I just focus on the text, ha ha ha.

2 40.00%
  • They are ugly and distracting

1 20.00%
  • I paid good money for this program! Replace the icons!

1 20.00%
  • I have no opinion

0 0%
  • Christian software doesn't have to be as good of quality as what the world puts out.

1 20.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BibleWorks 9 - Icons - Horrible Quality

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    What choices could unborn children make? And, are you saying that God didn't create modern children who are born with issues and challenges?

By the way, if a child is born with a disability - it is for the Glory of the Lord (Jesus Christ) that the works of God should be made manifest in him - believe it or not!!! The Bible tells us about it directly - there's nothing else I can add to it:

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. (John 9:1-3, KJV)

All i can say, as an encouragement to you is if you or your child or your close one were born with a challenge - you should not blame God for it. He IS Perfect and He made us to be perfect and EVEN though we have sinned and made ourselves mortal and with issues, He still had predicted, and planned and provided a way for us to become like Him again, through the blood of Jesus Christ, who died on the cross and shed His blood for the remission of our sins. He was buried and then bodily rose from the grave three days and three nights later. Jesus Christ is the Lamb Who was sacrificed for us. Through the blood of Jesus Christ we (all who believe in Him) are made perfect in spirit again (even though we are still in our imperfect bodies)and this is how God sees us (through the blood of Jesus).Eventually, He will give us new bodies in eternity, for now all we can do is to bare with what we have and have Faith and wait for sweet Jesus to come back!
    Last edited by roshka; 07-26-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    Through Adam, we all have sinned.
    Ah, so that's what you believe. interesting, that is very different from the way I have been taught to read the Pentateuch.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

roshka
    If you feel that you would be and am ashamed to open the program in front of an unbeliever, I would suggest that you use another program, maybe a free one or you could return BW9 and purchase one in which the icons are more aesthetically pleasing. BibleWorks has a generous refund policy.

"BibleWorks products (the base package, add-on modules, etc.) may be returned for refund within the first 30 days if obtained directly from BibleWorks"
    (quoted from the BibleWorks Knowledge base)

Incidentally, I like the icons and I am not employed by Bibleworks, just a BW user since version 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Ah, so that's what you believe. interesting, that is very different from the way I have been taught to read the Pentateuch.
    It is not in Pentateuch:

"For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." I Corinthians 15:21-22

To be able to answer such questions you really need to be willing to read through the whole Scriptures. The truth about the Messiah was only in the form of a seed in the Old Testament, in form of prophesies, but in the New Testament, this truth is revealed in full.

Without the understanding of true Salvation through Jesus Christ the Messiah you will not be able to answer such questions about life and death and suffering on earth and why God allows it.

Default Closing

Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    If you read all my posts you would see that I a) have explained what exactly is wrong with the icons and b) have offered at least a few ways to solve the problem.
    I am closing this thread. It began on a bad note and has only gotten worse. We welcome suggestions if they are offered in a spirit of humilty and gratitude to God. Otherwise not.

Default Closing thread

Not edifying.