View Poll Results: What do users think of the new BibleWorks 9 icons?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • They don't matter to me. I just focus on the text, ha ha ha.

    2 40.00%
  • They are ugly and distracting

    1 20.00%
  • I paid good money for this program! Replace the icons!

    1 20.00%
  • I have no opinion

    0 0%
  • Christian software doesn't have to be as good of quality as what the world puts out.

    1 20.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36

Thread: BibleWorks 9 - Icons - Horrible Quality

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default Hardly scientific data to base your comment

    Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Roshka, for argument sake, I just did a count in this thread. Of the twelve different people who responded about the icons, only two out of twelve didn't like them (you are one of the two). Ten people were satisfied and happy with the new icons. I must say that you are in the extreme minority. I don't think the icons are an embarrassment at all. You do not need to be ashamed of showing the program with these icons to your non-Christian friends. The vast majority of people who have weighed in on these icons have found them to be beneficial and pleasing.
    Have you ever heard the expression, "the silent majority." Often, many people who disagree also do not express their view. Furthermore, BibleWorks hardly has 100% user participation - from those with licenses - on these forums. Furthermore, this thread has not existed very long, to have gathered more voices expressing dissatisfaction for the icons.

    After-all, you wouldn't want me to say that there are only 9 people in the world, who appreciate BibleWorks based on the following thread, would you??: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...ciation-thread . That would be rather foolish.

    I would also say, since this is the internet, how do I know all of the icon supporters aren't just BibleWorks staff, posting fake posts that don't amount to anything? I don't. If BibleWorks wants to deceive themselves into believing that their interface is attractive and a good testimony, then we paying customers really don't matter and probably should spend our hard-earned money elsewhere. Maybe donate to a real non-profit ministry instead of pay for a "Christian" business' software?
    Last edited by roshka; 07-25-2011 at 11:12 PM.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    I would also say, since this is the internet, how do I know all of the icon supporters aren't just BibleWorks staff, posting fake posts that don't amount to anything? I don't. If BibleWorks wants to deceive themselves into believing that their interface is attractive and a good testimony, then we paying customers really don't matter and probably should spend our hard-earned money elsewhere. Maybe donate to a real non-profit ministry instead of pay for a "Christian" business' software?
    Sounds like someone is definitely posting fake posts that don't amount to anything . . .
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Sounds like someone is definitely posting fake posts that don't amount to anything . . .
    For one - what does this mean?

    For two - I forgot to add, that there are more people in the world than just casual Americans, who go on the mission field and preach in shorts and flip-flops and are proud of that. They also do not mind junky "ministry" web-sites and junky software icons.

    Because I myself come from a very formal church and grew up in a much more formal culture (in Eastern Europe) when I came to US I also found (admittedly to my sincere surprise) that in America there are plenty of American-born and immigrated Christians who are not like those missionaries who like to preach in shorts and use junky icons, and also I found plenty of non-Christians (my friends) who are very professional, methodical and classy.

    I mean, look at the way God made us - He is classy. Why Christians who serve him are not upholding His principles.

    He could have created Adam and said: okay, Adam, good enough, here you have jagged, pixelated ears - after all - ears do not matter much and it is not the main thing in your body! He didn't though!!

    So, yeah, I would be and am ashamed to open the program in front of an unbeliever. (Since in my case I am actually trying to reach like-minded, classy and formal people in my surrounding. I have NO unbeliever that I know, who would not comment on those icons before I would read a verse from the program!)

    BTW, IF only it was THAT hard to replace those icons, but it is not. Many of junky icons defenders spend more effort trying convince those are okay.

    Odesk.com - post a job and get icons for 50 bucks - whole set of beautiful icons

    Do a Google on "Vector Icon Set" - you can come up with sets of good quality you can buy!


    _____


    Also wanted to add: ...maybe the problem is that there are might be only TWO people in this thread (so far) who evaluate software from a customer perspective and also from the standpoint that they use/need it for the sake of reaching those who are lost???? Maybe for "home use" shorts, flip-flops and these icons are okay, but for outreach it needs to be much better than this. And I repeat, it is not hard to do.
    Last edited by roshka; 07-25-2011 at 11:45 PM.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    Haha! The 1 vote "Christian software doesn't have to be as good of quality as what the world puts out." is actually mine and I am being a bit sarcastic.

    The worst way to sell is to charge a lot, then say: "Oh, but it is Christian!" and give you cheap-looking stuff. I don't but it. I'd say, if it is SOOOO Christian that you cannot handle constructive customer suggestions, then stop treating us as customers and give us software for free, as to brothers and sisters in Christ! Then we, as brothers and sisters in Christ, will gladly accept your charity and will stop criticizing anything you do for the Glory of the Lord.

    Or is the text in the software is what we pay for it and your "quality" icons are a separate "charity" toward your customer? Is it how we to understand this?
    Roshka,

    Your comments here are a straw man. It makes no sense that you would post this in expressing your opinion about the icons since no has said "just accept the bad icons because it's Christian software."

    This invalidates most of what you've said and makes it seem as though you're not offering any helpful criticism, but just want to vent.

    I hope you can see this.

    Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    Roshka,

    Your comments here are a straw man. It makes no sense that you would post this in expressing your opinion about the icons since no has said "just accept the bad icons because it's Christian software."

    This invalidates most of what you've said and makes it seem as though you're not offering any helpful criticism, but just want to vent.

    I hope you can see this.

    Dave
    If you read all my posts you would see that I a) have explained what exactly is wrong with the icons and b) have offered at least a few ways to solve the problem.

    So, in fact, you have just made a straw man, by misrepresenting my post and my intentions and criticizing both.

    Other, however, have suggested that BibleWorks is a "MINISTRY" and also BibleWorks is a "LABOR OF LOVE" as a way to justify bad quality of icon graphics - I didn't say it.

    Before accusing me of "just venting" and "setting up a straw man", please take the time to read the thread. Thanks.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    471

    Default Now, you've taken the argument way too far!

    Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    I mean, look at the way God made us - He is classy...
    He could have created Adam and said: okay, Adam, good enough, here you have jagged, pixelated ears - after all - ears do not matter much and it is not the main thing in your body! He didn't though!!...
    Oh, really or you sure about that?
    What about those who are born crippled, without limbs, with deformities, with incurable illness, with MR / Intellectual disabilities, or who are stillborn-ed?
    Would that not also be the equivalent of being jagged or pix-elated or would you consider that to be classiness on God's part?


    Last edited by bkMitchell; 07-26-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Oh, really?
    What about those who are born crippled, without limbs, with deformities, with incurable illness, with MR / Intellectual disabilities, or who are stillborn-ed?
    Would that not also be the equivalent of being jagged or pix-elated!
    Oh, WOW!

    So, as you own word imply, your BibleWorks program was born "crippled", "without limbs", "with deformities and incurable icons" and also with "intellectual disabilities" ...and mainly, that this is perfectly acceptable????
    You evidence a great marketing approach and also a very poor understanding of Scriptures.

    God did not create us "crippled, without limbs, with deformities, with incurable illness, with MR / Intellectual disabilities, or who are stillborn-ed" - we BECAME like this on our own, while practicing our freedom of choice and will and separating ourselves from the Lord by our own sinful choices.

    I guess you are not in agreement with the Word of God, which says that He created everything perfect? That He had created us in His own image?

    Oh, WOW!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    471

    Default He, didn't?

    Quote Originally Posted by roshka View Post
    God did not create us "crippled, without limbs, with deformities, with incurable illness, with MR / Intellectual disabilities, or who are stillborn-ed" - we BECAME like this on our own, while practicing our freedom of choice and will and separating ourselves from the Lord by our own sinful choices.
    What choices could unborn children make? And, are you saying that God didn't create modern children who are born with issues and challenges?


    Last edited by bkMitchell; 07-26-2011 at 01:19 AM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Oh, really or you sure about that?
    What about those who are born crippled, without limbs, with deformities, with incurable illness, with MR / Intellectual disabilities, or who are stillborn-ed?
    Would that not also be the equivalent of being jagged or pix-elated or would you consider that to be classiness on God's part?


    ...Okay, are you finally done editing your "masterpiece"? I counted at least 5 times you have changed the last sentence, so have you arrived at the desired version finally?


    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    Oh, really or you sure about that?
    Oh, yeah, I am PERFECTLY SURE, that DESPITE some people produce jagged, pixelated and imperfect works and still try selling them for big money and also representing it a labor of love, God is God and as He was classy He is classy from the Creation to this day.

    Slobs try to diminish His classiness to justify their laziness. That is all it really comes down to. Dare I say!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkMitchell View Post
    What choices could unborn children make? And, are you saying that God didn't create modern children who are born with issues and challenges?


    Obviously, HE DIDN'T. Are you joking?

    Where do you see in Gen 1 and 2 that He made us crippled or with issues and challenges?

    Through Adam, we all have sinned. Even animals who did nothing wrong, are groaning and suffering because of Adam's sin.

    Unborn children are with the Lord for eternity - God is in no way unjust. Those children who cannot accept Christ because of their challanges also cannot deny Him, when they go to be with Him, they are in fact, with Him - in no way, the Lord is unjust.

    He created a perfect world and he wanted a perfect man to be reigning over a perfect world, but the man chose pride and strife and sin, and thus the first blood was shed by God himself. he slain a lamb and made clothes for an imperfect fallen man. The world became crippled. It was not the way God made it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •