Thread: Help UNINSTALLING BibleWorks 8 (after installing Bibleworks 9)

Default Help UNINSTALLING BibleWorks 8 (after installing Bibleworks 9)

Hi Bibleworks Staff,

I accidentally installed Bibleworks 9 before UNINSTALLING Bibleworks 8 and now I am unable to uninstall the older version. Do you have a work-around for me to remove it from my computer? (Windows Add/Remove Programs no longer lists it to uninstall). Sorry for the goof-up....
    xyvmh [wvy ~vb ~wlv
    www.hebrew4christians.com

Two options, I think. First you could uninstall BW9, then put the BW8 disk back in and uninstall from the disk. Then re-install BW9. But that takes a lot of time.
    Or, after migrating all your BW8 settings to BW9, you could just go into My Computer, and delete the entire BW8 folder. All the files which BW9 needs are copied into the BW9 folder or placed in other areas of Windows, which do not rely on the BW8 folder.
    Let me know if you have any problems, because on one of my computers I'm still running both BW8 and BW9, and eventually I should get rid of BW8.
    Mark Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by John Parsons View Post
    Hi Bibleworks Staff,

I accidentally installed Bibleworks 9 before UNINSTALLING Bibleworks 8 and now I am unable to uninstall the older version. Do you have a work-around for me to remove it from my computer? (Windows Add/Remove Programs no longer lists it to uninstall). Sorry for the goof-up....
    Just delete the BibleWorks 8 directory (after saving anything you have created and want to keep). That is all that is required.
    These sorts of questions should be directed to the support staff at service@bibleworks.com. This is not an official support channel. It is a place to chat with other users. BibleWorks staff frequently drop in but there is no guarantee of that.

Mike

Thanks for your help, gentlemen.
    xyvmh [wvy ~vb ~wlv
    www.hebrew4christians.com

Default You are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by John Parsons View Post
    Thanks for your help, gentlemen.
    You are welcome. As an addendum to my previous note: you can ask anything you want here and usually some user will help you out. I just wanted to make sure you realize that addressing things to the BibleWorks staff here doesn't necessarily get the message to BibleWorks. The only way to do that reliably is to use service@bibleworks.com or call our office. Leave a message and we'll call you back on our nickle.

Mike