Thread: Copywrite Question and Database Questions?

Question Copyright Question and Database Question?

Hello,

(1) Does anyone know how to add copy wright and source information to custom database?

(2) After, I compile or create modules where is a good place to post them?
    Must should be under http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ or in the public domain if I create them from scratch.
    Last edited by bkMitchell; 07-15-2011 at 02:25 AM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Not 100% sure what you mean. Do you mean how do you add information so that it shows up in the version info in BW? To do that you make a file that is VERSION_ID.bww and then put it in the \databases\ forlder. So if your version is called BGT, you'd make a file called BGT.BWW and put it in the databases folder.

As far as how you copyright something, I guess that's up to. When I work with public domain texts, I don't really care whether someone else uses it or not, but that's just me. I know that some people claim copyright for the work to digitize something, but I don't quite buy into that, which is why I don't enforce it on something I've done.

If it's something you want to share, we can put it on the BibleWorks blog, if you write up a blurb describing it.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    Do you mean how do you add information so that it shows up in the version info in BW?
    Yes, this exactly what I mean. Now, there is some information showing up, but not under copyright nothing is showing up. I personally want whatever I do to be free as possible from any kind of strings. But, I also need to inform people where these texts came from and what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    If it's something you want to share, we can put it on the BibleWorks blog, if you write up a blurb describing it.
    Yes, I would appreciate that very much! You are too kind!
    I would like to try to increase the Hebrew resource available for use in BibleWorks.

Testing 1, 2, 3...
    Here, is Adon Olam ( it is totally in the public domain ) I typed this up in the CCAT format and complied in a BibleWorks module (I have also include the txt file).
    Adon Olam.zip

Now, that I have converted more texts and the entire siddur into the CCAT format I just have to versify them (edit them) and compile them. I will also be trying to add information about where they came from and what they are to the data-file you informed me of.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/