Thread: Bibleworks Animated Desktop Background

Hybrid View

Default Bibleworks Animated Desktop Background

On this webpage -- http://bibleworks.com/webbuttons.html - - BW offers buttons for web pages. One of the buttons--SWF2--would make an excellent animated desktop background. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

There are ways to do this if you have an active internet connection. I know it can be done with Windows 7, but I only know how to do it with Windows XP, I also have not figured out how to take the link out, basically you are inserting a web flash as your background.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

sorry for not completing my earlier post. To do this on XP you go to display properties (found in Control panel, or just right click on your desktop and choose properties) go to the desktop tab as if you were going to change the wallpaper. From here, on the bottom of the window you can click on the customize desktop button. In the new window that pops up click on the "web" tab. on the right side you should be able to click "new" at the bottom of that window you can click browse where it says "add a picture or html document." locate the downloaded gif image. click "ok" make sure that your most recent addition to the "web pages" section is selected and then hit ok (make sure that the "lock desktop items" is not checked. and then in the desktop window hit apply. This button is really small and you will have to enlarge it, by scrolling your mouse over it you should be able to do this, when it is to your liking go back into the "customize desktop" window and check "lock items to desktop" and that should be it. I will say that because this button is so small when it is enlarged it looks fuzzy. The first computer I tried this on also did not have good memory and so the movement of the graphic does not look very good and can slow down you computer. However, if you just gotta have it, this is how it is to be done on XP.
    Chris Sansom
    M. Div. Concordia Seminary
    Google+
    Facebook!
    LibraryThing!

Cool A Solution

I found a couple of programs which will convert Flash files to desktop backgrounds and/or screensavers. The one I am most satisfied with is Movies Extractor Scout for Windows at bytescout.com. I also had to download a standalone flash player at http://www.tgbcomputing.com/local-flash.html. When this is operating properly, the "full-screen view" option looks like a desktop background or screensaver. Perhaps eventually, when the BW staff has lots of time on their hands, they can create an animated desktop from some of the nice graphics. The SWF2 button looks good on the computer & is a nice way to "advertise" BW.

P.S.: I am "gatorone". BW forums had me listed under 2 login names. I will be using Wally Morris from now on.

Default Other wallpaper ideas

I think another cool idea would be to get one of the wallpaper randomizing programs and set it to go through the manuscript images from BW9. But I'm a text geek like that.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Also . . .

I failed to mention earlier that Edward at Bibleworks support suggested getting a Flash utility to make the SWF2 button work. Thanks Edward! I tried Chris' solution, but I have Windows 7 which is a little different.