Thread: False hits on "again" in KJV John?

Default False hits on "again" in KJV John?

I was doing a word-study search comparing the use of the Greek: "palin" with the English: "again" in the Gospel of John (KJV). In the process I came up with 6 "false" hits in which the search engine returned the word "against," as hits for "again." (I did not type the * behind the word "again.")

Did the same search in Logos and did not receive the false hits. I was just wondering was this something that the BibleWorks programmers are aware of?

HMJR

I GOOFED! Just checked my search again and discovered that I DID put the * behind "again!" The program is flawless!!!!!
    Last edited by Harold6; 07-12-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Default "Again" in John

Harold6,

This is the sort of thing that you should report to service@bibleworks.com. You would need to send them your INI file, which would be bw800.ini if you are using BW8, and specific details a what you did to get the error, with a list of the false hits. A screen snapshot would be helpful as well.

All things considered it seems unlikely that there is a bug here unless it is a bug that was introduced very recently. Stuff like this is exercised a lot. I just did the search with no problems, but I don't know precisely what search you did.

Mike

Default "Again" in John

Mike,

There is no problem. I checked my search again and I had placed an asterisk behind "again" when I thought I hadn't.

Harold

Quote Originally Posted by Harold6 View Post
    Mike,

There is no problem. I checked my search again and I had placed an asterisk behind "again" when I thought I hadn't.

Harold
    Please send your Query-File, Harold, and we can learn more.
    Thanks
    Peter, Germany