Thread: BibleWorks 9 - Miscellanea

Lightbulb BibleWorks 9 - Miscellanea

Alright, with this post done, I'm through until next week. Happy reading!

The BibleWorks 9 series is very close to being done. I hope it's been enlightening and helpful. I have maybe 2 more posts planned right now for next week. It's possible I add a few more than that, but I think it's safe to say I'm down to less than 5 no matter what.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Michael,

Thank you very much for your blog posts on BW9. They have certainly been both enlightening and helpful. I'm looking forward to the last 5 (or so).
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Default NA27 and corrections (e.g. Romans 16:7)

Do you know if they have a corrected NA27 in BW9? For example, in BW8 the NA27 has Ἰουνιᾶν(as in printed NA26 and previous editions) instead of Ἰουνίαν (which was corrected in the printed NA27).

Default Na27

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Laurence View Post
    Do you know if they have a corrected NA27 in BW9? For example, in BW8 the NA27 has Ἰουνιᾶν(as in printed NA26 and previous editions) instead of Ἰουνίαν (which was corrected in the printed NA27).
    Hi Nick,
    The NA27 that we have in BW9 is the same one that we have in BW8. We have written the GBS numerous times trying to get an accurate copy of the NA27 text. Several months ago in connection with getting ready for this release we wrote them and asked for an electronic text. To the best of my knowledge they have not replied. In fact we have never gotten an electronic copy of the Greek NT from the GBS even though we have a license and pay large royalties. We are puzzled to say the least. Even the SESB text does not accurately reflect the printed text. Perhaps this situation will change when they publish their new edition of the GNT. We can hope.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Hi Nick,
    The NA27 that we have in BW9 is the same one that we have in BW8. We have written the GBS numerous times trying to get an accurate copy of the NA27 text. Several months ago in connection with getting ready for this release we wrote them and asked for an electronic text. To the best of my knowledge they have not replied. In fact we have never gotten an electronic copy of the Greek NT from the GBS even though we have a license and pay large royalties. We are puzzled to say the least. Even the SESB text does not accurately reflect the printed text. Perhaps this situation will change when they publish their new edition of the GNT. We can hope.
    Mike
    Is it possible to have a list of errata so that users could create their own fixed version? Or is that something that would only complicate matters with your relationship with GBS? I assume the differences are just a matter of punctuation and accentuation.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!