Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I copy and paste paragraph text with full book names?

Quote Originally Posted by Learn with Graffix View Post
    Michael, um...you're saying that after purchasing what I suppose is the premiere Bible program, I have to now type in the names of the 66 books of the Bible if I want those names to be in references? Huh? (I think I found in a post a user who said he did that and still couldn't get the books to export as he wished!)
    There MUST be some way! (If the only way is to make a file of those names, and if that really worked, the BW folks surely would already have such a file.) I have looked through what I thought were the various options, but just cannot seem to find the setting.
    Any other ideas?
    Sarcasm or not, all I'm telling you is that my method works (at the end, do make sure "use user-defined book names" is checked). If Lee's method works, that's fine too. But you wanted a solution and I gave you one. I hope you find a better one, but I can only tell you what I know.

I've even made the file for you. Unzip the file to you \init\ folder. Just be sure to go to the Options and open fullbooks.bna as your book name database.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 07-10-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: added file
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Many, many thanks, Michael! But still no change!

I still get abbreviated names with Ctrl-c then Ctrl-v in MS Word! Using the Ctrl-shift-b gives full names, but, as I said, it is much less convenient.
    Any ideas?
    (BTW, it was really kind of you to send that file! Thanks!)

Quote Originally Posted by Learn with Graffix View Post
    I still get abbreviated names with Ctrl-c then Ctrl-v in MS Word! Using the Ctrl-shift-b gives full names, but, as I said, it is much less convenient.
    Any ideas?
    (BTW, it was really kind of you to send that file! Thanks!)
    [Fixed this via email with him. He hadn't properly configured the copy settings.]
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 07-28-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Copying a Book to Word

Is it possible to copy a resource and save it on another computer of mine to have handy. Just returned from CO and a few weeks in mountain weather and wished I had a copy of one of my Hebrew grammars to reference/read alongside my paperback BHS. Wanted to know if I could put it in Word to take with me next time.

jwb

I think BibleWorks works better than you think. You can actually install BibleWorks on two of your own computers, e.g. one at home, and one you carry around (on vacation?). So everything you have on your home or work computer you can have on your laptop, or whatever computer you have Word installed on. So you do not have to copy any of the Hebrew grammars (they might look funny in Word with formatting issues). You can just install the complete BibleWorks on your carry-along computer, and take everything wherever you go! I do this regularly, and just copy any work I have done (notes, bww files, etc.) on one computer unto a thumb drive and paste those files into the other computer in the appropriate BibleWorks folder.
    Mark Eddy