Thread: Moody Atlas of the Bible in BW9

Default Moody Atlas of the Bible in BW9

There is a 1985 edition by Beitzel and a new edition by Beitzel in 2009 which is more extensive and supercedes the earlier work. My hope is that the new edition is in BW9. Can someone bring a clarification to this? Thanks!

Default The New Moody Bible ATlas

Quote Originally Posted by Joan Korte View Post
    There is a 1985 edition by Beitzel and a new edition by Beitzel in 2009 which is more extensive and supercedes the earlier work. My hope is that the new edition is in BW9. Can someone bring a clarification to this? Thanks!
    Joan, let me clarify things: it's the *new* atlas. Posted about it here.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks, Michael, for bringing me good news! What I am trying to do is to self-justify the expense of the upgrade, given the majority of new contents (manuscripts, text criticism) I can't use. If I could, I would be doing cartwheels. So, for me, there are the Use tab and 4th column features that would help. Whitaker, too, and now Moody Atlas. I'm still on the fence. I was so looking forward to the ESV Study Bible notes but cannot use them in BW8. So, must upgrade and purchase the unlock. Since BW5, every upgrade made sense and cents to me.

Thanks, Michael, for bringing me good news! What I am trying to do is to self-justify the expense of the upgrade, given the majority of new contents (manuscripts, text criticism) I can't use. If I could, I would be doing cartwheels. So, for me, there are the Use tab and 4th column features that would help. Whitaker, too, and now Moody Atlas. I'm still on the fence. I was so looking forward to the ESV Study Bible notes but cannot use them in BW8. So, must upgrade and purchase the unlock. Since BW5, every upgrade made sense and cents to me.
    Thanks for the comments, Joan. I realize that not everyone is like me and won't do cartwheels simply over the Manuscripts Project. I am trying to throw in a mix as I talk about new features in BibleWorks 9, so if you hear me constantly talking about just one thing, don't worry I will have posts about other things too! I don't have a total one-track mind! I will talk about the ESV Study Bible later too. It also has high resolution maps that are of the same quality as the Moody Bible Atlas.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Whitaker's Words

Just for the record, Whitaker is currently available, by using the internet for Latin word lookup. I have found it very handy ever since I saw this in the forum: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...light=Whitaker
    Also, you can simulate the 4th+ column by using floating windows of Word Analysis, Resource Summary, and/or Browse. I often have one or two floaters where the 4th column will be.

Not trying to convince you to save your kilo-pennies, just reinforcing the flexibility of even the ancient BW8 (and the even more ancient BW7, which also supports both of these work-arounds). (The first BW I met was 7, so I can't speak of earlier ones).

--Jim

Thanks, Jim, for those tips. I may upgrade just as a way of showing support to the hard working Bibleworks staff. Cartwheels or no cartwheels, I see more and more value as Michael continues to blog.