Thread: BibleWorks 9 - The Fourth Column

Default BibleWorks 9 - The Fourth Column

Here's a bit on one of the less specialized features that will probably be something you'll be using every day in BibleWorks 9: The Fourth Column.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default I already have 5 columns in BW8

Just wanted to point out that while the built-in 4th column is nice and handy, and has some new tabs, BW8 had (almost) equivalent functionality with a bit more effort.
    I regularly use the independent Word Analysis and Resource Summary windows when I want to use the 3rd column for something else. (there is also an independent Browse window.)
    I hope these stay around in 9 -- they are especially important with the Parallels window.

This is not to belittle the enhancements of BW9, just to point out how flexible BW8 is.

--Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    Just wanted to point out that while the built-in 4th column is nice and handy, and has some new tabs, BW8 had (almost) equivalent functionality with a bit more effort.
    I regularly use the independent Word Analysis and Resource Summary windows when I want to use the 3rd column for something else. (there is also an independent Browse window.)
    I hope these stay around in 9 -- they are especially important with the Parallels window.

This is not to belittle the enhancements of BW9, just to point out how flexible BW8 is.

--Jim
    And you can still use those free floating windows. This just gets you easier window management. And with more tabs able to do more things, there will be times you want to use more space like this.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!