Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CNTTS Database

Default CNTTS Database

Hi according to this article, the CNTTS database is coming to Bibleworks soon. I was wondering if anyone else knows about this?

One of the programmers posted the following to this forum in December 2009:

"CNTTS == Center for New Testament Textual Studies. The database is a NT critical apparatus done by a group at the New Orleans Baptist Seminary. According the CNTTS the text will be available to us for licensing in January. They are making some tweaks based on things found out by using the Accordance version. When they finish the tweaks we'll add it. It shouldn't take us long to get it in. Not sure what the price will be but it won't be terribly expensive.

We are continuing our long term project of providing full, tagged and searchable transcriptions of major manuscripts. A release of the initial manuscripts is planned for late 2010, perhaps at SBL, Lord willing."

Obviously the timeline above was not met. I found this by searching the forum for CNTTS. You may wish to do the same, and you might find some more information about it.
    Mark Eddy

Great! Finally!
    I am looking forward to using it in Bibleworks!

PS: I have a 2500 pages textual commentary on the Gospels online, check my sig for the link.
    Last year I started a sub-division on difficult paleographical problems, which now has already over 70 entries.
    Please check it out and give me feedback!
    Best wishes
    Wieland
    <><
    ------------------------------------------------
    Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
    http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
    Textcritical commentary:
    http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/index.html

Default Cntts

As soon as CNTTS releases the final product (soon we hope) we will have it available for BibleWorks users as a module. We are also planning a release of the first 7 of our own manuscript transcriptions (full searchable transcriptions with images and a robust set of transcription, collation and tagging tools) soon, probably about the same time as the CNTTS material. You text critical geeks are about to get an overdose. These two items complement each other very well. Amazing how the Lord coreographs these things.
    Mike

Talking The CNTTS database as well as BW's own fully searchable trascriptions!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    As soon as CNTTS releases the final product (soon we hope) we will have it available for BibleWorks users as a module. We are also planning a release of the first 7 of our own manuscript transcriptions (full searchable transcriptions with images and a robust set of transcription, collation and tagging tools) soon, probably about the same time as the CNTTS material. You text critical geeks are about to get an overdose. These two items complement each other very well. Amazing how the Lord coreographs these things.
    Mike
    Now, that is a truly exciting development!
    Thanks for sharing the good news with us
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

According to the head honcho it will come out for BW at SBL --

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/textua...m/message/5941

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    Mike
    Mike,

Would these two resources be usable by someone still working in BibleWorks 7?

Either way-- any ball-park cost estimates?

Thanks very much.

Dan Witte

Is there a status for this resource? I am really looking forward to having it in BibleWorks.
    Thanks!

Default CNTTS in recent news

"But nowhere have so many changes from hundreds of manuscripts, down to the letter, been collated in a single place and made searchable for scholars and serious students, verse by verse, through two commercial Bible software products, Accordance Bible Software and Bibleworks, Warren said."

LINK
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

The question is whether CNTTS will release the entire database for BW, or if they will limit it to their edition for "serious amateurs." I really don't want an "educated abridgement."