Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NICOT/NICNT Commentaries now in BibleWorks

Default NICOT/NICNT Commentaries now in BibleWorks

As I saw this morning on BibleWorks' Facebook page, WORDsearch is now offering the NICOT/NICNT commentary series for BibleWorks! The sale price for the whole set plus a few extra volumes is just under $1100, which is about 500$ less than it is available elsewhere electronically.

See the page at WORDsearch here.

I'm not really in a place to be able to afford such a set, but I am happy that it is available. I think for those who really desire to buy commentary sets in their entirety, this is a pretty great deal!
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Hey Michael, thanks for the heads-up. I too am unable to afford it at this time. But NICOT-NICNT is an excellent commentary series. I salivate at the prospect of owning it one day. It is one of the very best conservative evangelical commentary series available. One of the pitfalls of producing a multi-volume commentary series is that it is hard to avoid having weak links in the set. In this series however, I have yet to come across a weak link. All of the scholars responsible for the individual volumes in the series are top-notch and first rate.

Smile The Dawning of a Good Era for BW

Very nice addition. I personally can't justify spending that kind of money, especially when I already own most of the volumes in hard copy. I do see that you can buy individual volumes, but the prices look to be even higher than hard copy. Still, I may add a few volumes from the NICOT/-NT to my BW library piece by piece along the way, especially if sales come along.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Very nice addition. ... I already own most of the volumes in hard copy.
    Lucky you!

For those who don't already have them, and who prefer to read off of a screen than out of a book - this is a good deal.

Me, I still prefer a book.

Yes, Jim, you are absolutely correct. Though I and someone else intoned that we are, at present, unable to afford the whole set, it should be noted that it is definitely a good deal! The price for this whole set is excellent when compared to what you would pay if you went to purchase all the hardback volumes. (I could never afford that latter possibility either!) So the deal is definitely worth it, if you can afford the whole shebang. I highly recommend it given the excellence and scholarship of the NICOT-NICNT. If I could afford it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

For my part, I have no problem reading off the screen. I actually prefer digital resources over the print ones when studying and preparing sermons or bible studies. But, Jim, I know you're not alone in your preference for things in print.

Quote Originally Posted by jimofbentley View Post
    .... Me, I still prefer a book.
    I will never be able to give these up.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Yes, Jim, you are absolutely correct. Though I and someone else intoned that we are, at present, unable to afford the whole set, . . . If I could afford it, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    My advantage is that I have been purchasing volumes in this set for nearly 30 years. As a new one is published (the latest by Scot McKnight on James) I order it. It helps to "spread the financial pain" over many years and - here in Australia at least - it is tax deductable for those in pastoral ministry which helps to reduce the final cost.

If I had to purchase them all at once, I might not, although I am blessed with a very loving and understanding wife who would probably let me spend that much if I really wanted to.

My advantage is that I have been purchasing volumes in this set for nearly 30 years. As a new one is published (the latest by Scot McKnight on James) I order it. It helps to "spread the financial pain" over many years and - here in Australia at least - it is tax deductable for those in pastoral ministry which helps to reduce the final cost.
    That's the smart way to do it, Jim. Kudos to you. I didn't realize you were in pastoral ministry. I don't recall you having said that before. I knew I liked you!

If I had to purchase them all at once, I might not, although I am blessed with a very loving and understanding wife who would probably let me spend that much if I really wanted to.
    A good wife is a good thing!