Thread: Hebrew searches in BW

Hybrid View

Default Hebrew searches in BW

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for tutorials on how to conduct Hebrew morphological searches in BibleWorks. I used to use Accordance (I know, I know...) but I can't run the emulator on my 64 bit PC anymore so I've switched to BibleWorks.

Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to learn BW efficiently, especially Hebrew? To be honest my frustration level is quite high right now. If you have any good web sites with video tutorials or something, it would be much appreciated.

blessings,
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by cgrebe View Post
    Does anyone know of any good tutorials on how to learn BW efficiently, especially Hebrew? To be honest my frustration level is quite high right now. If you have any good web sites with video tutorials or something, it would be much appreciated.
    An entire video library comes with BibleWorks 8. You can access this by choosing Help | Getting Started

Once there, select User Guides. Next look under Analyzing The Text and you will see a video for Hebrew and Greek morp searches.

Finally, if you click on the green Tools item in the Results Window, at the bottom is a menu option for Command Line Examples. This also contains examples of morp searches.

Welcome to BW! Here is a video of a BW training session you may find helpful. At the 70:40 mark, the trainer discusses morphological searches.
    καὶ ὑπὲρ πάντων ἀπέθανεν ἵνα οἱ ζῶντες μηκέτι ἑαυτοῖς ζῶσιν, ἀλλὰ τῷ ὑπὲρ αὐτῶν ἀποθανόντι καὶ ἐγερθέντι.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrebe View Post
    blessings,
    Charles
    Charles, would you happen to be the cgrebe of this excellent site....

...?

Quote Originally Posted by SCSaunders View Post
    Charles, would you happen to be the cgrebe of this excellent site....

...?
    Yup, that's me.

Default morphological search on WTM

I'm trying to do a morphological search on the WTM database. I'm able to start a search term (e.g. .הלך) but when I try and type the "@" symbol, I get a pe sofit. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong here? I get the same result whether I use the BibleWorks keyboard or the Israeli keyboard.

thanks,
    Charles

Hi Charles,

Your @ has to be to the right of הלך.

Irving

Hi Charles,

Also, you will want to be sure that your search version is set to WTM, and not to WTT. This is a common oversight when people have problems constructing and conducting a search.

Blessings,
    Glenn
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.