Thread: Scientific Investigation Of The Old Testament

Default Scientific Investigation Of The Old Testament

I have posted a searchable PDF file of Robert Dick Wilson's A Scientific Investigation Of The Old Testament on my website HERE

I searched the web for PDF's of this file but found only partial ones. The best quality I found was missing two chapters. Mine, as I said, is fully searchable, and it's in pretty good shape. I can read it without having to zoom it on my Kindle. However, if anyone comes up with a better one, please let me know.

A short bio of R. D. Wilson can be found HERE

Thanks, Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I have posted a searchable PDF file of Robert Dick Wilson's A Scientific Investigation Of The Old Testament on my website HERE
    Just got done reading the Preface. Looks real good. Thanks!

I've added another of Wilson's works, Is The Higher Criticism Scholarly, which can be found HERE.

My brief article on one of Wilson's demonstrations regarding the uncanny accuracy of the spelling by the Hebrew scribes was taken from the previous work and the above, and can be found HERE.

Finally, I've posted Wilson's most detailed and technical work, Studies In The Book Of Daniel, which can be found HERE

This book is not a light read, but there is a great deal of information in it, including linguistic and historical demonstrations. Unfortunately, I am unable to find Part II online in PDF format, so the above only contains Part I. I have Part II in print, but I'll let somebody else convert it to PDF format. If you like Part I, then you can buy the set on Amazon or one of the other online sellers.
    Last edited by Adelphos; 03-22-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Scott,

This link appears to be the only available volume 2 for Wilson's Studies

http://www.archive.org/details/studiesinbookofd02wils

Great find! I looked and looked and couldn't find it. That's because it's not descriptive in the title, but only in the filename. Anyway, when I get it cleaned up a bit I'll add it to my own site.

I'm also in the process of converting Scientific Investigation and other works into Word format and then back into PDF so that eventually we'll have a full-on perfectly formatted and readable and searchable and printable version. I'll get these posted as I go, but of course, it's slow going so it may take a while. But Wilson's work is very much worth preserving.

Scott,

According to the Introduction in the "second" volume, this is actually the third volume, and a sketchy one at that. Apparently, Dr. Wilson died before publication of the second volume, and the manuscript notes for it were lost.

I'll have to get into it and look it over and compare it with my printed copies. Don't have time now, but when I do I'll post my observations here.