Thread: File Transfer to New PC

Default File Transfer to New PC

I am in the midst of transferring over files and preferences to a new PC. I would like to transfer my BW notes, my 'Search and Display Favorites,' as well as my preferred Version Display Order files. Does anyone know where I might find these files? Also, since I am moving files from a Windows XP system to a Windows 7 system, will the destination folders be the same and in the same places? Grateful for any info and helpful feedback. Thanks.

Your search and display favorites and your version order are part of the bw800.ini file in the main BW8 folder. You copy everything you want to copy and paste them in exactly the same place in Windows 7, since they are all within the BW8 program, using the same folders provided by this program.
    Just beware about the version order, that if you have installed any user database versions, you will want to install them on your new computer before you copy over the bw800.ini file (or else you will have to paste the bw800.ini file in again after you install all the versions), because if the versions are not exactly the same, BW by default places them in alphabetical order.
    I did just what you are doing a year ago, and I had no problems.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks, Mark.

Hi Irving,

You may also wish to check this FAQ:

How Can I Move My BibleWorks Settings and Files to my New Computer?
    http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/ikb/ques...?questionid=74

That should give you a basic overview of the files you can transfer to your new computer.

If you are transferring your bw800.ini file, please take a look at the bw800.ini on your new computer after you have installed, updated and closed BibleWorks.

If you have moved to the 64 bit version of Windows 7 from XP, the folder or file path names of your ini file will be different. You will need to replace the instances where program files appears in your old bw800.ini with program files (x86) for it to be compatible with BW8 on with your new computer. You can do this by opening the bw800.ini file in Notepad and using the Edit | Replace option and choose to Replace All. If those path names match the new bw800.ini that was created afresh on your new intallation, the old ini file should transfer your interface settings for BibleWorks 8.
    Mark Cannon

For information or questions pertaining to BibleWorks Training Workshops please contact BibleWorks at training@bibleworks.com.

For technical support or service related questions please contact BibleWorks at Customer Support.

Thanks so much, Mark, for the helpful pointers!

Blessings,

Irving