Thread: Northwest Inscriptions... Mishnah

Default Northwest Inscriptions... Mishnah

Are there any plans to include the Northwest Semitic Inscriptions as well as KAI onto Bibleworks in both English and Hebrew/Phoenician/Ugaritic et al?

Also, are there plans to include the Mishnah? I would gladly pay good money for these.

Lastly, any long range East Semitic projects? Or the material in COS for that matter?

Best,
    Jake

Thumbs up KAI, NWS Inscriptions. COS, Mishnah, etc...

I don't know if there are any plans for these databases to be included in the future, but I would highly recommend sending a suggestion to the BibleWorks staff directly. (http://www.bibleworks.com/ideas.html)

Be sure to state its value to you and your opinion on its overall worth to the scholarly/church community, and whether you think it is a resource into which it is worth investing scanning / editing costs.

I for one, believe that any Ancient Near Eastern text or Rabbinic/Second Temple Jewish text (and even the "classic" Greco-Roman texts, i.e., Homer, Epictetus, etc.) are worth making available to BibleWorks users. In essence, any primary text that helps one gain a better understanding of the ancient world in which Scripture was written would be worth adding!

That's just my two cents...
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing