Thread: Northwest Inscriptions... Mishnah

Default Northwest Inscriptions... Mishnah

Are there any plans to include the Northwest Semitic Inscriptions as well as KAI onto Bibleworks in both English and Hebrew/Phoenician/Ugaritic et al?

Also, are there plans to include the Mishnah? I would gladly pay good money for these.

Lastly, any long range East Semitic projects? Or the material in COS for that matter?

Thumbs up KAI, NWS Inscriptions. COS, Mishnah, etc...

I don't know if there are any plans for these databases to be included in the future, but I would highly recommend sending a suggestion to the BibleWorks staff directly. (

Be sure to state its value to you and your opinion on its overall worth to the scholarly/church community, and whether you think it is a resource into which it is worth investing scanning / editing costs.

I for one, believe that any Ancient Near Eastern text or Rabbinic/Second Temple Jewish text (and even the "classic" Greco-Roman texts, i.e., Homer, Epictetus, etc.) are worth making available to BibleWorks users. In essence, any primary text that helps one gain a better understanding of the ancient world in which Scripture was written would be worth adding!

That's just my two cents...
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing