Thread: how do I INCREASE or BOLD greek fonts in lexicon window

Default how do I INCREASE or BOLD greek fonts in lexicon window

When I open my lexicon window I can read all of the information except for the puny greek text....which is what I'm actually trying to see. It's very frustrating not being able to see all of the text clearly. Does anyone know how to remedy this situation. Many thanks in advance.

see screen capture
    Name:  BW8_Greek_Lexicon_Font.JPG
Views: 809
Size:  91.0 KB
    If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things ? John 3:12 KJV
    εκεινον δει αυξανειν εμε δε ελαττουσθαι John 3:30

Default maybe this picture is better to show problem

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    When I open my lexicon window I can read all of the information except for the puny greek text....which is what I'm actually trying to see. It's very frustrating not being able to see all of the text clearly. Does anyone know how to remedy this situation. Many thanks in advance.

see screen capture
    Name:  BW8_Greek_Lexicon_Font.JPG
Views: 809
Size:  91.0 KB

hope this picture is better....
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  188.3 KB
    If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things ? John 3:12 KJV

At present there is no way to change lexicon browse fonts (that I know of). You can ask for that feature to be added, but otherwise the only work around would be to copy it to a word processor and increase the font there. There are also screen magnifying utilities native to Windows that you could also use.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 02-05-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    At present there is no way to change lexicon browse fonts (that I know of). You can ask for that feature to be added, but otherwise the only work around would be to copy it to a word processor and increase the font there. There are also screen magnifying utilities native to Windows that you could also use.

Thanks, good suggestion.

Doug

try this workaround:

go to Tools ---> Options --> General ---> Fonts

and then enlarge the font size in "search Window Fonts"

but be careful, it will affect many places(search window, resources tab, lexicon browser etc)

I've complained about this to BW Support ... but seems no immediate solution

God bless,
    -Andley.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    ...Does anyone know how to remedy this situation...

Below you will find BibleWorks' official answer regarding this issue:
    http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/ikb/ques...questionid=161

How Can I Change the Font Size in the Analysis Window?

In BibleWorks it is possible to change the size of the display fonts in many parts of the program. In many cases, the font sizes are controlled separately for various parts of the program, as well as different script types that are used. For some, it is helpful to make some font sizes larger than others.

To adjust the size of the fonts in the Analysis Window:
    1. Open the Options window to the Fonts tab (BW7 and earlier) or the Fonts Panel (BW8).
    2. For "Font Set to Edit" choose BROWSE WINDOW FONTS (BW 7 & 8) or RESULTS WINDOW FONTS (BW 6 and earlier). An extra column of settings controls will appear on the right-hand side of the Font Set grid, labeled either AW, for "Analysis Window" (BW 7 & 8) or Auto, for "Auto-Info Window."
    3. Increase the number, that is the point size, for each font type that is to be made larger in the Analysis Window.
    The image below depicts the controls for this in BibleWorks 8. Some experimentation may be needed in order to achieve the desired results.

Last Updated: ELM/April 3. 2009
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/