Thread: NETS again (and again and again and ...)

Default NETS again (and again and again and ...)

It is encouraging to hear that BW10 will (probably) include NETS, either as a module or whatever, doesn't matter to me.

I bought an edition of Accordance that includes NETS, but frankly BibleWorks is a far superior product, and I would like to stick with BW to the bitter end.

The NETS is based mostly on the Gottingen LXX, so it would be nice if BibleWorks 10 included this also as a module, since it is so expensive. (I bought it at certain price-gouging place for around $700!).

True, the PDFs are available free online, but being PDFs they are in many ways cumbersome to use.

It took IOSCS over 10 years to produce NETS because there were so many delays in the various assignments, so it would not be feasible to produce a new one (minus the tous and thees, etc.), plus NETS is good enough. Just make sure to include the 2009 edition (which includes updated material).

Question Göttingen online?

Quote Originally Posted by basilides View Post
    True, the PDFs are available free online, but being PDFs they are in many ways cumbersome to use.
    Hmm... Basilides, I didn't know that the Göttingen LXX was online. Where is that? Personally I'd be happy with cumbersome PDFs! (Given the complexities of OCRing a complex critical edition, I'd rather work from scanned images!)

Regarding a new translation: I agree... It would be a monumental task to get an alternate LXX translation put together, but it *has* been done (by a company with the development $$$ to do so). I'll be very happy to see the NETS in 10, though!
    Jim Darlack - Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default Sorry for the Misunderstanding ...

What I meant was that at great expense I purchased the Gottingen LXX (not PDFs) from a certain U.S. company (it's name starts with an L and ends with an S). Comes with extremely buggy, slow as molasses software, by the way, not wanting to malign too much one of BibleWork's competitors. But truth be told. BibleWorks is the best by far, as mentioned above, despite its (temporary?) lack of a few key LXX resources. Hint!
    Last edited by basilides; 10-22-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Hmm... I wonder how hard it would be to transcribe the Cambridge LXX volumes that are in public domain... (Swete's LXX would be a helpful supplement.)
    Jim Darlack - Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    Hmm... I wonder how hard it would be to transcribe the Cambridge LXX volumes that are in public domain... (Swete's LXX would be a helpful supplement.)
    Hello all,

In relation to LXX resources, this link may be of interest to some. There would certainly be some things to convert to a BW format for the person who has time and inclination to do so!

http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/forum/...hp?f=24&t=2105

Donald Cobb
    Aix-en-Provence, France