Thread: Mishnah/Talmud and CHM files

Default Mishnah/Talmud and CHM files

I just installed BW10 on my Mac. If I setup ROD Mishnah as my search and display version, shouldn't I be getting hits in the Resource tab for the Talmud? There seems to be a lack of linking between the two resources. Also, the CHM file for the Talmud does not really work properly in Mac. I cannot search, increasing the font size creates problems with the BW toolbar for the Talmud, and like all CHM files font size changes do not hold.

CHM files are the main weakness of BW in my opinion. You can get to them from the resource panel, but using them separately is a real task. They are substandard in comparison to the rest of the program. I was hoping that BW would relent in their insistence on using this format for these great resources in BW 10.

If I am missing something, please let me know. I love many of the additions and changes to BW 10, but continue to struggle with the CHM files...

I'm a Windows user, and I agree that the CHM files are the weak link in BW's list of resources. I've never been able to get the font sizes to cooperate with any setting changes in any version of BW I've had. Especially with imported module's like Kretzmans, Grudems or NB Commentary. The fonts are constant no matter what changes are made to font size. I've just adapted to their limitations.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

David, thanks for the reply.

You can resize the font in CHM modules. More details here: http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...2123#post32123