Thread: "Forms" tab and crashing

Default "Forms" tab and crashing

Good morning all,

I have two analysis windows. With the Forms tab in the left analysis window it works fine, changing its content as I move over a different Greek word.

If I move the Forms tab the right analysis window, BW crashes as soon as I hover over a Greek word.

If I restart BW and move the Forms tab back to the left analysis window it works fine again.

Any ideas?

BW Version: 10.0.3.463
    Windows 7 Pro, Service Pack 1

I could not replicate the problem, Forms tab worked ok for me in both analysis windows. I'm at the same update level, Windows 7 Home Premium ...
    What version, and what verse were you looking at?

I did notice that when I displayed M-01A or M-03A (Sinaiticus or Vaticanus) the Forms tab did not update to the cursor location. According to the Help on Forms tab "It functions only for morphologically tagged Greek and Hebrew texts." These two fit that description, but maybe BW decided to exclude the Manuscript versions.

--Jim

Thanks Jim,

I am using Windows 7 Pro, version 6.1.76-1 Pack 1 Build 7601

I was simply hovering over a Greek word when the crash happens. The split second I hover over the word with the Forms tab in the 4th column, BW crashes.

BW uploaded a patch recently which fixed one crash problem with versions which include a hyphen in the name (LXXRH-M was where the problem was first found). The versions cited in this thread also contain a hyphen in the version name. Download the latest patch, and see if the problem persists. If it does, you should report it to technical support. If the problem occurs with versions without a hyphen in the name, then it is a different bug entirely.
    Mark Eddy

Thanks Mark. I applied the patch to bring me to 10.0.3.469 and it still does it.

I moved the Forms tab to the 4th column and shut down BW and restarted.
    I then avoided any Greek text that might cause the Forms tab to respond and then I froze the Forms tab.
    I hovered over (or attempted to) a Greek work and it crashed.

I will try to contact Tech Support.

I just initialized everything, loosing all my settings. This solved it.

Default Initializing

Quote Originally Posted by mnpebmm View Post
    I just initialized everything, loosing all my settings. This solved it.
    Any time you do this save the INI file beforehand so you can restore it if a fix is found elsewhere and so you can send it to tech support so they can try to duplicate the problem.

Mike

Default What verse?

Quote Originally Posted by mnpebmm View Post
    Thanks Jim,

I am using Windows 7 Pro, version 6.1.76-1 Pack 1 Build 7601

I was simply hovering over a Greek word when the crash happens. The split second I hover over the word with the Forms tab in the 4th column, BW crashes.
    Do you remember what verse and version?

Default Forms Tab for mss versions

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    I could not replicate the problem, Forms tab worked ok for me in both analysis windows. I'm at the same update level, Windows 7 Home Premium ...
    What version, and what verse were you looking at?

I did notice that when I displayed M-01A or M-03A (Sinaiticus or Vaticanus) the Forms tab did not update to the cursor location. According to the Help on Forms tab "It functions only for morphologically tagged Greek and Hebrew texts." These two fit that description, but maybe BW decided to exclude the Manuscript versions.

--Jim
    We apparently didn't build forms tab indexes for the manuscript versions. You can do it yourself by entering this on the command line:

rebuildmdb m-01a

BW will build the database and restart. I believe you can type a list of versions on the command line so you don't have to rebuild them one at a time. Then the forms tab should work.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MBushell View Post
    We apparently didn't build forms tab indexes for the manuscript versions. You can do it yourself by entering this on the command line:

rebuildmdb m-01a

BW will build the database and restart. I believe you can type a list of versions on the command line so you don't have to rebuild them one at a time. Then the forms tab should work.

Mike
    Thanks Mike, that worked nicely.

--Jim