Thread: Is there any way to ...?

Default Is there any way to ...?

Does anyone know if there is a way to toggle vowel pointings and accents on and off in the Browse Window (for Hebrew texts obviously)? Similarly or alternatively, is there any way to export text sans vowel pointings and accents? Grateful for any responses. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a way to toggle vowel pointings and accents on and off in the Browse Window (for Hebrew texts obviously)? Similarly or alternatively, is there any way to export text sans vowel pointings and accents? Grateful for any responses. Thanks.
    If you have clicked in the browse window and have WTT as a version, typing the letter "a" will remove accents and typing the letter "x" will remove vowel pointings.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Hey Michael, that is phenomenal. Thanks! Two followup questions:

1. Is there anything in the documentation or Help file that mentions this? I searched the Help file before I posted my question and could find nothing relevant to this question.

2. You've given me keyboard shortcuts (keystrokes) to toggle the vowel pointings and accents on and off. But is there also a menu command and/or toolbar icon and/or Tools/Options setting that accomplishes this as well?

Grateful for any additional insights you have. Thanks.

Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Michael, that is phenomenal. Thanks! Two followup questions:

1. Is there anything in the documentation or Help file that mentions this? I searched the Help file before I posted my question and could find nothing relevant to this question.

2. You've given me keyboard shortcuts (keystrokes) to toggle the vowel pointings and accents on and off. But is there also a menu command and/or toolbar icon and/or Tools/Options setting that accomplishes this as well?

Grateful for any additional insights you have. Thanks.

Irving
    It's a little tricky to find it, but it's in Chapter 58 of the help entitled "Shortcuts." In order to turn on/off accents otherwise you'd have to go through Tools|Options|General|General Hebrew Options (uncheck Display vowel points for Hebrew text) and Tools|Options|General|Hebrew Accent options (uncheck Show the following Hebrew word accents in Browse window) -- In other words, it's far, far too cumbersome to use the menu system when the keyboard shortcut is so easy.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks again, Michael. Indeed, you are right. The keyboard shortcuts seems to be the best bet and least cumbersome option for toggling the vowel pointings and accents on and off. I just have to remember the correct letters. "a" for accents is not hard, but "x" for vowels is not as intuitive. I would have thought "v" to be the more intuitive and logical choice. But I'm sure the programmers have a reason for the keystroke choices. Thanks for all your help this morning.