Thread: Pocket-sized Greek New Testaments

Hybrid View

Smile Pocket-sized Greek New Testaments

After visiting Greece this past summer, I arranged to import some shirt-pocket-sized Greek NTs and also some slightly larger, but still vest-pocket sized. These are smaller than anything I'm aware has been for sale in the U.S. for a good many years. The small one, by the way, is not for the visually challenged, but its type is excellent in clarity.

The Campus Store at Bob Jones University has these GNTs available on its website at $16.99 per copy, plus shipping, available in red or black. Availability is limited, and whether these will become a regular stock item has not yet been determined. As a matter of disclosure, I am not profiting personally from the sale of these Greek NTs.

The web site is http://www.bjucampusstore.com/ePOS?t...total_count=19

The text is the Patriarchal Text of 1904 as used in Greek Orthodoxy, a Byzantine-type text drawn from the manuscripts at Mount Athos. This text is in BibleWorks, by the way, as the GOC version.

Blessings in Christ! (Acts 3:26),

Randy Leedy

Hello Randy,

I saw that you posted this same comment on B-Greek earlier, as I am also a B-Greeker. You many be interested to know that BibleWorks also has the Patriarchal Text of 1904/ or the Greek New Testament used by the Orthodox Church as well as the Robinson-Pierpont Greek New Testament (Byzantine Textform 2005) with Morphological Analysis and Scrivener’s Greek New Testament to compare it with. BibleWorks makes it very easy to see where the editions agree and where they differ.

God bless you
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Thanks, Brian, for reinforcing the last sentence of my initial post: "This text is in BibleWorks, by the way, as the GOC version." :-)

Obviously, since you saw the post earlier on B-Greek, there was no need for you to read it all again here, and you wouldn't notice the addition of that last sentence to the post I placed here.

RL

Randy,

Thanks for bringing this up.
    I am sure there are those using BibleWorks who may not be aware of the different Greek provided in the package. Also, as a book lover I am happy you mentioned it here, since not all BibleWorks users are members of B-Greek.

Thanks for going out of your way to encourage your university book store to acquire the text used by the Greek Orthodox Church.

I am personally a big fan of Greek texts that Christian communities actually used and continue to use! Rather, than on manufactured eclectic texts based purely on ever changing hypothesis.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/