Thread: New Testaments Manuscripts with SBLGNT apparatus

Default New Testaments Manuscripts with SBLGNT apparatus

NEW TESTAMENT MANUSCRIPTS
    by type of manuscript

SBLGNT apparatus - Michael H. Holmes

compiled in BibleWorks by Pasquale Amicarelli

it works also without BibleWorks installed

I can't share it (I am not be able to report all downloads from the site) .

The project go on and I am adding also:/ED/ = Editionum differentiae (a collation with Alford, Griesbach, Lachmann, Tischendorf, Tregelles, Wordsworth) and /Hs/= Hoskier 1890 TC apparatus (it is almost as IGNTP apparatus).

Thank you for your inquiry. Since you are using the apparatus with a commercial product (BibleWorks software), we must ask that you report all the downloads from your site.

Thank you for your efforts to make the SBLGNT available to more people. If you have other questions, please understand that I will not have access to my email until after the SBL Annual Meeting next week.

Best regards,
    Leigh Andersen
    Last edited by pasquale; 11-19-2010 at 03:21 AM.

If you want the new SBL Greek apparatus to display together in proximity to the other text critical resources in the BW Resources window, you will probably want to make one change in the sblgnt.chd file. The line RESOURCE_LANGUAGE_TYPE ENGLISH should be changed to RESOURCE_LANGUAGE_TYPE Greek.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 11-19-2010 at 06:23 PM. Reason: correct file name

Hey Mark.

Thatīs interesting. I always wanted to do that. Where do I make that change in that file(s)? Couldnīt find any possibility to change something there...

Be blessed
    Steffen

The sblgnt.chd file is in your BibleWorks "databases" folder. Open it with WordPad or Notepad, make the change from "ENGLISH" to "Greek", and save the file. Then start (or restart) BibleWorks. Within BibleWorks you will be able to change the order of the Greek resources within the Resources "References" tab.
    If Pasquale decides to make this change in his download, those of us who download it in the future will not have to make this change.
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 11-19-2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: correct file name

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    The sblgnt.chm file is in your BibleWorks "databases" folder. Open it with WordPad or Notepad, make the change from "ENGLISH" to "Greek", and save the file. Then start (or restart) BibleWorks. Within BibleWorks you will be able to change the order of the Greek resources within the Resources "References" tab.
    If Pasquale decides to make this change in his download, those of us who download it in the future will not have to make this change.
    Mark Eddy
    2 corrections.

1. Mark means you need to open the file sblgnt.CHD (not .chm) with a text editor.

2. the SBLGNT.chm file set is the creation of Jim Darlack, so he's the one to fix that. Pasquale's files were a combination of the SBLGNT with textual manuscript evidence from the laParola website.

What Mark is proposing again, is to open up the sblgnt.chd file.

It will look like this
    FILE sblgnt.chm
    ID 1
    MENUNAME &Text Criticism
    MENU SBL, SBL Greek New Testament
    DESCRIPTION <b>SBL, <i>SBL Greek New Testament
    RESOURCE_LANGUAGE_TYPE ENGLISH
    RESOURCE_TYPE Reference
    INDEX_FILE sblgnt.sdx
    NUMLINKS 0
    Change the line: RESOURCE_LANGUAGE_TYPE ENGLISH to RESOURCE_LANGUAGE_TYPE Greek and save the file.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Hey Mark and Michael.

Mark means you need to open the file sblgnt.CHD (not .chm) with a text editor.
    Alright, now I got it. Thx for all responses

Steffen