Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Printing Hebrew

Default Problems Printing Hebrew

I've got a pretty new HP Printer and Windows 7. I say that because this is most likely a Windows-type problem rather than Bibleworks.
    When I print out Hebrew, it often comes out with those place-holder dotted-circle things. And those dotted circles are printed all over the place... often over consonants, making it look like a big jumbled mess. This happens whether I copy & paste text from Bibleworks, the internet, or if I just type it out manually. On the screen it looks fine. This only appears after I print it. It occurs in both Word & the Bibleworks editor.
    Anyone know a fix?

I just noticed... when this happens, the first line of text usually comes out fine. Every line after this, however, is almost indecipherable because of all the overlapping junk.
    Last edited by chrisdrymon; 11-07-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Default UGH... Does anyone have a solution?

I also have the same problem. I'm starting a major project and want to get some solution to this before I start. I've noticed that often it occurs when I use the SBL unicode Hebrew font... which I prefer. I was hoping somebody had the answer to the mysterious little circles.

Maybe turn off the accents, by clicking inside the browse window then press the letter 'A'. Is it the accents that are doing all that over-printing in an SBL font?

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Default Possible Solution

Default Still not working

This is an enigma! The problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with accents, spaces, the intermingling of English fonts and the SBL Hebrew font, text direction, or margin justification.

From the text that actually prints, it looks as if the vowel points are somehow being associated with the space immediately before their respective consonants. So, for example, with WAYYOMER, the patah under the Waw is missing but the faint dots of a preceding circle can be seen. The holem is rightly associated with its attendant Yod, but the segol (which should appear under the Mem) is shoved to the right so that it appears between the Alef and Mem and has a mysterious circle above it. When accents are added, they, likewise, are associated with the space in front of the consonant where they should appear. It seems to be important that the vowels and accents are NOT associated with the preceding consonant itself, but rather with the space between the "correct" consonant and the preceding consonant.

Does anyone else have a problem printing SBL Hebrew in a Microsoft Word document? I am working on a PC with Windows 7 and Office 2010, and have an HP Deskjet printer. The text on the screen is perfectly fine. I seems to only be a problem with printing. Perhaps it is a problem with the computer/printer interface?

Default PM a local Expert

IMHO - PM A. Philip Brown II. He's given BW several fine-tuned HMT pointed texts. He's one the of authors of A Reader's Hebrew Bible

Default Thank you!

I'll try that. Thank you! I just discovered, when I printed an SBL Hebrew document at home using my Dell printer, that it printed perfectly. I assume that the problem has to do with the HP Deskjet printer interface to the PC... which is beyond both my abilities as well as this forum. Thank you all for your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy L. Heller View Post
    I'll try that. Thank you! I just discovered, when I printed an SBL Hebrew document at home using my Dell printer, that it printed perfectly. I assume that the problem has to do with the HP Deskjet printer interface to the PC... which is beyond both my abilities as well as this forum. Thank you all for your suggestions.
    All this technical stuff is beyond my grey matter. I don't use Windows 7 nor MS 2010. But I have dealt with these little formatting gizmos before. I took a shot. Missed by a zip code.

Keep fighting the good fight. Don't let the thorns and thistles of the daily grind halt your progress. God speed in this project that you are working on!

Default print hebrew using hp

I have had the same problem printing hebrew with my hp-printer. But I have found that if I use the fonts Ezra Sil or David it works fine. SBL Hebrew, Ariel and so on is hopeless together with HP.

Annika

Sometimes when printing issues arise, you can firstly print the document as a PDF file, then print the generated PDF. If issues still arise, you then have the option of printing the PDF as an image document, which will always work.

Regards,
    David.