Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SBL GNT by Mike Holmes!

Hey Michael, grateful if you could advise when the database with the diacritical marks has been fixed and posted.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Hey Michael, grateful if you could advise when the database with the diacritical marks has been fixed and posted.
    The update to SBL2 is live at the blog, copy it over all your old files and restart BibleWorks.

Wie -- This fixes the smart quotes problem and the Mark 2:10 issue. Please let me know if you find others.

The update to SBL is also now live at the blog. It fixes a number of issues. (no doubt issues may remain, or my changes might have caused new issues. Let me know)
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 10-29-2010 at 12:53 PM. Reason: updated SBL and SBL2
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Thanks much, Michael.

More backslashes:

Mat 7:9 a;rton Ď mh. li,qon evpidw,sei auvtw/|Č
    Mat 7:10 h' kai. ivcqu.n aivth,sei Ď
    Mat 9:6
    Mat 23:37

Mark 4:31
    Mark 7:2
    Mark 7:4
    Mar 7:19
    Mar 11:32

etc. etc. …
    Best wishes
    Wieland
    <><
    ------------------------------------------------
    Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
    http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
    Textcritical commentary:
    http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by wie View Post
    More backslashes:

Mat 7:9 a;rton Ď mh. li,qon evpidw,sei auvtw/|Č
    Mat 7:10 h' kai. ivcqu.n aivth,sei Ď
    Mat 9:6
    Mat 23:37

Mark 4:31
    Mark 7:2
    Mark 7:4
    Mar 7:19
    Mar 11:32

etc. etc. …
    Wie, download it again; those should be fixed in SBL and SBL2.

Wie -- For the sake of being tidy, would you mind emailing me any more mistakes as you find them? My email address is gmail.com preceded by my first name, period, last name.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 10-29-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Default Apparatus Woes

I'm in the process of trying to make the apparatus into a CHM file. I'm getting close, but the BW Create Module Index tool is not working (at least I can't get it to work right). I've sent the following email to support:

Hi BW folks,

I’m trying to compile the SBLGNT apparatus as a CHM file for BW.
    I’ve got the HTML prepared: http://bibleworks.oldinthenew.org/module/sblgnt.zip
    When I try to use the Build Module Index, the passages are only being indexed up to ‘chapter’ level. (Verses are not being indexed.)
    So, for instance, a reference like Mat 1:5 is being given the following code:
    <a name="ref1" href="javascript:BwRef('Mat 1')" onMouseOut="javascript:BwUnPop()" onMouseOver="javascript:BwPop('Mat 1')">Mat 1</a>:5

~Jim
    So if there's anyone out there who can get this to work right, have at it. I won't be able to get to this until after the weekend is over.
    Jim Darlack - Associate Director of Goddard Library /
    Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary

Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Default SBL Greek New Testament Apparatus Now Available!

Michael Hanel was quick to get the new SBL Greek New Testament (SBLGNT) compiled into a new BibleWorks version that can display in the Browse Window along with any other version. This new version shows the diacritical marks used by Michael Holmes to indicate the presence of variants.

Now, in addition to the base text, the critical apparatus is available as a BibleWorks CHM module!

This module works best if you have also installed the SBL Greek font.

DOWNLOAD! — CHM module of the SBLGNT critical apparatus. To install: unzip the files and copy to your \databases\ folder and restart BibleWorks. The SBLGNT Apparatus will be linked in the Resources|Text Criticism menu, and it will also show up in your Analysis Window under the Resources Summary Tab (if there is an entry for the particular verse you are browsing).

See also Michael’s previous post for information about the SBLGNT text available as a BibleWorks version (with/without diacritics).

The main SBL version files (with diacritical marks) and the critical apparatus are available in a single ZIP file (unzip all to your /databases/ folder and restart BibleWorks to install).
    Last edited by jdarlack; 10-30-2010 at 03:52 PM. Reason: changed links for the sake of counting downloads

Thanks Jim. Great job! (And Michael too!)

Default Ideas to keep track of counts of SBLGNT downloads?

The SBLGNT end user license agreement states:
    If you give away the SBLGNT for use with a commercial product or sell a print or electronic work containing more than 500 verses from the SBLGNT, you must annually report the number of units sold, distributed, and/or downloaded to the Society of Biblical Literature’s Rights and Permissions Office.
    The current web host that we use for the BibleWorks Blog (Yahoo!) does not keep track of stats for non-html files. That means I have no quick way of keeping track of how many times the files are downloaded. Does anyone out there have any ideas. I'll have a clunky workaround in place this afternoon, but I'd rather have something more 'elegant'.

Default Keeping track of BW SBLGNT downloads...

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    The current web host that we use for the BibleWorks Blog (Yahoo!) does not keep track of stats for non-html files. That means I have no quick way of keeping track of how many times the files are downloaded. Does anyone out there have any ideas. I'll have a clunky workaround in place this afternoon, but I'd rather have something more 'elegant'.
    Well, I think I've found a solution using Goo.gl, Google's URL shortening service. It allows one to keep track of the number of clicks a link gets. Hopefully that will provide a fair enough number to provide SBL.

If you happen to share links with friends to these BibleWorks files, please use either a direct link to the BibleWorks blog (here or here), or to this forum thread. Do not link directly to the files (unless you use the goo.gl links).