Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling my copy of Bibleworks 8

Default Selling my copy of Bibleworks 8

Ok, so I know this will probably cause a lot of backlash, but I am selling my copy of Bibleworks 8. I love the power of the program and enjoy using it, but I have recently switched to Mac and am going to be purchasing an OS X compatible Bible software. I know that I can run it on Parallels or VM-Ware Fusion, but that would require that I purchase a copy of one of those as well as obtain a valid copy of Windows. I feel like the "extra" money would be better spent on modules or books for my library or diapers for my new baby! On top of the cost running the software this way increases the memory footprint considerably as well as the various compatibility issues that people have found with using Bibleworks this way. SO, If you know of someone who would be willing to purchase my copy for a slightly reduced price let me know!

Yours $300 shipped!
    Last edited by sscalf; 08-23-2010 at 10:50 AM.

No backlash. We're an understanding lot. Congratulations on your new baby.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    No backlash. We're an understanding lot. Congratulations on your new baby.
    Agreed! And congrats on the new baby! Boy or girl?

If you're going Mac, I imagine you're considering Accordance?

Thanks guys. Its a girl. We are actually waiting for labor to start right now. Should be any time now. This is my fourth daughter!

Yes I am looking at Accordance. What are your thoughts on that?

Personally I've never used Accordance. I'm a PC guy. My seminary instructors use it and we're always debating (in fun) which is better -- Accordance or Logos or BW. You can google it and get a variety of "reviews" on the software but I think you'll be satisfied with it from what I can tell. Though, it won't be as good as BW8!
    Last edited by jthomp; 08-24-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Well If you hear of any of your friends or colleagues that are looking for a copy of Bibleworks 8 let me know ASAP!

I have not gotten any bites as of yet. Its still available if there is anyone interested.

Quote Originally Posted by sscalf View Post
    I have not gotten any bites as of yet. Its still available if there is anyone interested.
    The problem is, those of us who are on this forum most probably already have a copy of BW8, or are satisified with their copy of BW7.

Maybe you should try E-Bay, or at your denominational Theological Seminary.

YES it is! I could get it in the mail today if you paid for it!

It is DVD. I still have all the original packaging. If you want it we can do something with PayPal.