Thread: greek version AT

Default greek version AT

Hey everybody.

Can anybody tell me which greek version that is? It couldnīt be that difficult to find it out but I didnīt find anything so far.

I donīt have any version info because there are no initials. I also donīt have any other AT greek version activated except LXT....Name:  Unbenannt.png
Views: 292
Size:  146.7 KB

Just the best
    Steffen

Default LXT text variations

This is the text variation from the Theodotian revision.

Quoting from the version information for LXT:
    "LXX OT Apocryphal/Deutero-Canonical books, substantial text variations and multiple text types (assuming Codex Vaticanus as standard) from the Theodotian revision, Codex Alexandrinus, and Codex Sinaiticus are included."

If your search version is not LXT or LXM, these variants will automatically be displayed (this is done by way of the Verse Mapping File).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wert View Post
    If your search version is not LXT or LXM, these variants will automatically be displayed (this is done by way of the Verse Mapping File).
    Actually this is not so much controlled by the verse mapping file but by the General Greek Option "Show all LXX variants in Browse Window." When this option is checked, you will see Theodotion. When it is unchecked, you will not.
    Also there is no LXM. It is BLM for BibleWorks LXX Morphology (I think).

Mark Eddy

Default I was half right, you are half right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Eddy View Post
    Actually this is not so much controlled by the verse mapping file but by the General Greek Option "Show all LXX variants in Browse Window." When this option is checked, you will see Theodotion. When it is unchecked, you will not.
    Also there is no LXM. It is BLM for BibleWorks LXX Morphology (I think).

Mark Eddy

1. The General Greek Option "Show all LXX variants in Browse Window." controls display of variants for the search version when your search version is LXT, BLM, BGT, or BGM.
      The verse mapping file controls this when your search version is anything other than LXT, BLM, BGT, or BGM. This was the case for Steffen; his search version was called "E03"

Interestingly enough, if you have search version=LXT, have the "Show all" option off, and have BGT as a display version, the result is:
      LXT shows only the one you asked for
      BGT shows both variants.
      Which makes sense when you think about it; the verse mapping file is not applied to the search version, just to the other display versions.
      So whenever one of the Greek Septuagint versions is displayed, and is not the search version, the variant display is controlled by the VMF.

In BW7 this leads to to odd situation that when you have the "Show all LXX variants in Browse Window." option set, and your search version is not one of the 4 above, both variants are displayed twice. But this seems to have been fixed for BW8.
    2. You are right about the Morph version. I never specify it, and assumed that the naming convention would be the same as for most of the other sibling databases, rather than looking it up.
      Mea culpa.

--Jim