Thread: Having trouble with parallel versions windows staying open

Default Having trouble with parallel versions windows staying open

Hey guys, I am having trouble with my parallel versions window. I have BW 8, and I have all of the current updates as of today (10-11-2010). I have been having trouble for about the last three updates (it could have been further back, as I had not used that feature for a while because of other research). When I open a parallel versions window, and leave it minimized for a short period of time (maybe a minute or so), when I bring it up again and move the mouse anywhere on the text, it disappears! Anyone else having this issue? What can I do to try and fix it? Thanks in advance for your help! Special note, I only had one version on display (instead of several side by side). I was working in the background with the CSB, and then using the CSB as a parallel version (by itself) to get my cross references and some copy and pasting done faster.

Chan Arnett

I can duplicate the bahavior if "Make Desktop Window" is checked.

Thanks Adelphos, but mine is actually doing it with it checked or unchecked! Not sure what else it could be. It does it when I move the cursor anywhere on the text part of the window. As long as I stay on the perimeter of the window, it will stay open, but I need to have the window open for copy and paste. Never had this trouble before.

Chan Arnett

Quote Originally Posted by jarnett0001 View Post
    Special note, I only had one version on display (instead of several side by side). I was working in the background with the CSB, and then using the CSB as a parallel version (by itself) to get my cross references and some copy and pasting done faster.
    If there is a bug with the program, the following suggestion won't fix that, but it will help you do what you want to do. Instead of opening the parallel versions window with only one version (not what it was intended to do), open a secondary browse window. This will allow you to keep CSB in the secondary browse window, and access it whenever you want.
    Mark Eddy