Thread: Suggestion: Major Change

Smile Suggestion: Major Change

Hello,
    I am an avid fan of both BW7 and Logos Gold 3.0. I find that both compliment each other and where Logos is weak in the analysis of the original languages, BW7 far exceeds my expectations.

If you would allow me to make a suggestion, I am convinced that BW7 would be greatly improved if you modified the relationship between the Browse Window and the Analysis Wondow. Currently, when you move your mouse over the Browse Window, the Analysis Window will automatically change to reflect the word directly below the mouse pointer. This would be perfect if all of the information was clearly visible in the Analysis Window, BUT IT IS NOT. If I stumble across a word that I am studying, and would like more information, I have to hold down the SHIFT key and then move over to the Analysis Window and then navigate the Analysis Window.

SUGGESTIONS:
    1.) Only allow the Analysis Window reflect what the user has clicked on in the Browse Window (much like how the Search Window relates to the Browse Window).

or

2.) Give us an additional right-click feature allowing us to pull up an additional *LOCKED* Analysis Window, which only shows the related word. Currently, we can pull open another Analysis Window, but like its more perminant cousin, it reflects whatever the mouse is pointing to.

Default Another option

There is another option to accomplish what you want to happen. I also dislike having to hold the shift key in order to move over to the Analysis window.

So, right-click on the word in the Browse window in which you are interested.
    Ignore the popup menu that appears.
    Move your cursor to the Analysis Window and left-click anywhere in that window which removes the popup and puts the focus in the Analysis window so that you can scroll around.

I do like the constantly updating Analysis window, but this workaround allows me to work with one-handed operation.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

There is another option. If you right-click on the Word Analysis Window, you can reverse the behavior, so that the window doesn't update UNLESS you press the shift key.

If you have a mouse with extra buttons, you can map the shift key to an extra button. I've "customized" my mouse this way so that my large thumb-button is the shift key.
    Ben

Default Perfect!

Was searching all over for this! Thanks!

It'll be interesting to see how this function is improved upon. I, too, wish for something a little more straight-forward but I'm not certain what the best solution is. Perhaps better minds than mind are working on it.

Default Eureka!

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    There is another option to accomplish what you want to happen. I also dislike having to hold the shift key in order to move over to the Analysis window.

So, right-click on the word in the Browse window in which you are interested.
    Ignore the popup menu that appears.
    Move your cursor to the Analysis Window and left-click anywhere in that window which removes the popup and puts the focus in the Analysis window so that you can scroll around.

I do like the constantly updating Analysis window, but this workaround allows me to work with one-handed operation.
    Mark's solution is great! Wish I had known about it 3 years ago. It would have saved me a lot of frustration.
    This really should be included in the BW Help in a highly visible place.
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 10-10-2010 at 08:49 PM.

Good solution it does prevent the holding of the shift key and keeps my hand free...