Thread: Syntax Analysis + BW8

Default Syntax Analysis + BW8

Seems to work for me for now... could change in the future. FYI: this is setup on a 24inch wide screen Samsung monitor running at max resolution (for the blessed few of us this works well .

Name:  bw8_syntax_setup_screenshot.jpg
Views: 726
Size:  474.2 KB

Looking at this, I have several questions:

1. Is that "Syntax Analysis" your own personal notes? If not, where did you obtain it? And, more importantly, where can I obtain it?

2. How do you effectively have 2 BW screens in one screen on top of each other?

3. Assuming the "Syntax Window" is a Word (or similar document), how is that incorporated into your BW window? It doesn't actually link to the browse window does it?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Never mind on questions #2&3--I think I figured out what you're doing. And you may have inspired me to completely rework my layout.

I'm still a little curious on the Syntax Analysis.
    Last edited by Lee; 10-11-2010 at 06:43 PM.

Default Syntactial Anal

The parsing that you see in the lower left (the editor, which I ended up doing away with and putting MS Word there instead) is purely me. I parsed the words prior to opening BW8 and working through the text. What I needed to do and what you don't see there is explain how the parsing affects each word, the sentence and how each word related to the sentence and context of the passage. In other words... I had to do all the work myself. But what my screen was showing is in the top right was the information for the word from Holladay, the lower right was the resource window that showed all the places that talked either about the word (i.e. in HALOT or BDAG), or the syntax of that sentence (i.e. what Waltke and O'Connor would have to say).

Default Re Syntactical Analysis

When I say "show all the places" I mean show all the resources.

Default westminster abbey