Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Search Results Version"

Yes, 'Random' is a place name. Well, it's part of the place name. I hail from Random Lake. The story is that the name comes from a somewhat arbitrary point that the surveyors used to start mapping the lake.

Wow, pretty neat. There are so many interesting anecdotes when it comes to how places got their names. There is a little town in PA called 'Jersey Shore,' which is nowhere near the true 'Jersey Shore!'

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    No disappointment at all. With today being the start of the NFL season, I couldn't help but remember all those great San Francisco 49er teams!

So "Random" is real place name, huh?
    I went to highschool in San Jose, so trips to San Francisco were frequent, and while I did not attend many San Francisco 49er games, every one I did attend came replete with a number of good fights in the stands, all free of charge.

And no, I was not a participant in any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    I went to highschool in San Jose, so trips to San Francisco were frequent, and while I did not attend many San Francisco 49er games, every one I did attend came replete with a number of good fights in the stands, all free of charge.

And no, I was not a participant in any of them.
    And here I thought fights only happened in the stands in New York, Philadelphia, and Boston! Go figure that there would be fights in such a bastion of civility and political correctness as San Francisco! Good to know you weren't a participant in any of them, Scott! That's a relief!

By the way, do you like the San Jose Sharks?

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    And here I thought fights only happened in the stands in New York, Philadelphia, and Boston! Go figure that there would be fights in such a bastion of civility and political correctness as San Francisco! Good to know you weren't a participant in any of them, Scott! That's a relief!

By the way, do you like the San Jose Sharks?
    Don't follow them. The reason I mentioned the fights in San Fran is because the city is so radically different from when I used to go there that I doubt a fight would even be thought of in 49er game now.

But back then, the city of San Fran was no velvetine hangout.