Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Search Results Version"

Default "Search Results Version"

Under the search command line, if I hover over the Search/Display pair, I can see tooltip telling me which are the Search and Display versions. But I cannot find how to change the Display version. I want to change the version that my search results are displayed in. Can someone give me a clue?

On the button bar at the top of the browse window click on the icon with a checkmark over a book, then from the drop-down list choose "Choose Display Version(s)" and choose whichever version(s) you want to display.

Mark Eddy

Thanks, that will change the versions shown in the Browse windows, but what I am looking for is how to change the version shown in the Search window. Hovering over the two versions shown next to "Tools" and "Copy" you see that there is something called "Search results version". This is what I would like to know how to change.

On the button to the left of the 'Tools' and 'Copy' buttons (under the Command Line), what versions (actually, abbreviations) are shown there? If you click that button, you will see the option to 'Choose Search Version.' You can change your search version there. Alternatively, you can also change search versions on the Command Line by typing the version abbreviation and hitting 'Enter.' For example, typing 'NAU' and hitting 'enter' will change the search version to the New American Standard Bible (1995 Update).

One other situation to be aware of: Say you do a search in WTT. The search results verses will all be in WTT. If you were subsequently to change search versions, until you actually perform a new search, your search results verses will still show in WTT, even though you have changed search versions. If you wanted the search results version to conform to your newly chosen search version, click the button to the left of the 'Tools' button and then select 'Synchronize Results List.' When you do that, the search results version will match your search version. I hope this is understandable.

Thanks for the reply. While it did not answer my question directly, it did help me get to an understanding of the function of BW on this issue. Say, at the moment that ESV/BGM are listed as the Search/Display versions. If I then to a command line search, the results are from the ESV and the Search/Display area shows only ESV. If I right-click a word in the BGM and choose 'Search on Lemma' Search/Display returns to ESV/BGM. Apparently the Display version isn't something you choose, but something that BW shows as information. I can work with that. Thanks for giving a sense of what is going on in the program so I could run a test that clarified the functionality.

If you're looking at the left most button under the Command Line and see two versions separated by a forward slash (example: ESV/BGM), that combination is not telling you your search version + your display version. The first abbrevation represents your current search version. The second abbreviation represents the search version in which your most recent search was performed. Your display versions are all those that are open in your Browse Window.

Yes, this is what I've discovered. Thanks for the confirmation.

You're welcome.

I know that "curiosity killed the cat," but if you don't mind my asking, does SF stand for San Francisco by any chance?

Sorry to (possibly) disappoint, but SF is my initials. Random refers to my place of origin.

No disappointment at all. With today being the start of the NFL season, I couldn't help but remember all those great San Francisco 49er teams!

So "Random" is real place name, huh?