Thread: Font issues: Segol

Default Font issues: Segol

So I'm trying to type using the bwhebb font in Word 2007. Whenever I type a segol (using the comma key), it appears far to the left of the letter. So for instance, typing "a," yields a aleph with a segol off to the left. Typing "a<" yields an aleph with a segol underneath it on the right hand side. Is there any way to get the segol to appear where it's supposed to be, directly underneath the aleph? I've already tried the "undo" trick that fixes a qamats with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by frogitts View Post
    So I'm trying to type using the bwhebb font in Word 2007. Whenever I type a segol (using the comma key), it appears far to the left of the letter. So for instance, typing "a," yields a aleph with a segol off to the left. Typing "a<" yields an aleph with a segol underneath it on the right hand side. Is there any way to get the segol to appear where it's supposed to be, directly underneath the aleph? I've already tried the "undo" trick that fixes a qamats with no luck.

Try pressing the "shift" key at the same time. This adjusts the position of the vowels.

Quote Originally Posted by jimofbentley View Post
    Try pressing the "shift" key at the same time. This adjusts the position of the vowels.

Thanks, but I've tried that. As I noted above, that shifts the position of the vowel so that it's over on the very right hand side of the consonant, instead of directly centered underneath it. I guess the underlying question is why is it that every vowel except segol is centered underneath the consonant while segol is shifted one letter to the left?