Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: RTF To CCAT

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default RTF To CCAT

    Anybody know a way to convert RTF to CCAT so BibleWorks can import it into user database?

    Right now I'm replacing a few selections in the DLZ to conform more truly to the real Delitzsch, but doing so in a text file is hard because you can't really reconize the words. It would be simple to do so in an RTF file, but then I need to get the RTF file into BibleWorks identifiable format for import.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Anybody know a way to convert RTF to CCAT so BibleWorks can import it into user database?

    Right now I'm replacing a few selections in the DLZ to conform more truly to the real Delitzsch, but doing so in a text file is hard because you can't really reconize the words. It would be simple to do so in an RTF file, but then I need to get the RTF file into BibleWorks identifiable format for import.
    I'm a bit confused. Are you asking for a Hebrew font converting macro?
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Are you asking for a Hebrew font converting macro?
    If I export the DLZ to a CCAT file, it is very difficult to make replacements because I have to go through the transliterations, which are cumberson to deal with.

    However, if I export the DLZ to an RTF file, I can easily recognize and make the necessary replacements, but then, as far as I know, you can't use an RTF file to import back into a user-created database.

    So I need to get that RTF file into a correct CCAT format so I can import it.

    Is there a way to do this? Or is there an easier way to go about it?

    I've already exported the DLZ to a CCAT and have made a couple of replacements, i.e., 1 Timothy 3:16 and 1 Corinthians 10:9, but that's all so far.

    If I have to keep making replacements in the CCAT file, then I'll just do a few and import that back in, and then make additional changes as I feel like it.

    But it would be a whole lot easier if I could deal with the text in Hebrew characters instead of BW's transliteration scheme.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    If I export the DLZ to a CCAT file, it is very difficult to make replacements because I have to go through the transliterations, which are cumberson to deal with.

    However, if I export the DLZ to an RTF file, I can easily recognize and make the necessary replacements, but then, as far as I know, you can't use an RTF file to import back into a user-created database.

    So I need to get that RTF file into a correct CCAT format so I can import it.

    Is there a way to do this? Or is there an easier way to go about it?

    I've already exported the DLZ to a CCAT and have made a couple of replacements, i.e., 1 Timothy 3:16 and 1 Corinthians 10:9, but that's all so far.

    If I have to keep making replacements in the CCAT file, then I'll just do a few and import that back in, and then make additional changes as I feel like it.

    But it would be a whole lot easier if I could deal with the text in Hebrew characters instead of BW's transliteration scheme.
    So you're looking for a Bwhebb<-->CCAT font conversion macro. I know there are such Greek macros, but I just don't follow the Hebrew discussions on this to know if there are any.

    A different idea. I don't know if this works because I don't make Hebrew databases, but can't you just work completely in Bwhebb and import it back using BW native option rather than CCAT or does that not work? Save the file as plain text rather than RTF once you're done editing, if RTF is the only problem. If Hebrew requires the verse reference to be first rather than last, make a find and replace to separate the verse references by a tab character, paste it into excel and put the references into the column before rather than after the verse chunks.
    Last edited by Michael Hanel; 09-08-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hanel View Post
    A different idea. I don't know if this works because I don't make Hebrew databases, but can't you just work completely in Bwhebb and import it back using BW native option rather than CCAT or does that not work?
    That's so simple I didn't think of it. I think I can just open the CCAT file in Word, select all and then change the font to BW, then when I'm done, change it back again!!!

    I will give that a try, probably not tonight, but tommorow. Thanks for a very simple but I hope very effective solution.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    No, it won't work. The Hebrew is backwards when I change the font.

    Oh well. I will just make the few sea changes I'm interested in for now and then make as others as I get time. At least the few sea changes such as those I've already mentioned, and few others, will make it much better.

    Now all I gotta do is figure out which 3-letter acronym I want to use!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •