Thread: Browse Window Header Question

Default Browse Window Header Question

Hey mates!

Concerning browse window header: Is it possible to change the order of the list of the bible versions which are divided in different languages? I want to have all german Versions also above the division line like "english, greek, hebrew and latin" respectively on the top. I donīt want to have them alphabetically like the leftovers. I donīt seem to figure out how that works. Is that possible?

Thanks to response.
    Steffen

Does nobody know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by christlove View Post
    Does nobody know what I mean?
    Hi.

I think I understand what you want, but I don't believe it is possible to do what you want - at least I haven't found anything in the Help file that mentions it.

Sorry.

The drop-down list of possible search versions cannot be changed. It uses English first, because that is the language of the program, followed by the biblical languages and the "dead" language of Latin. All other languages are in alphabetical order, as are the versions within each language.
    But the order of the languages in the drop-down list has nothing to do with the order of the versions in the browse window. The order of versions there is set under the "Set Version Display Order" command. Unless you change search versions frequently, there should be no need to get any languages out of alphabetical order in the search version drop-down list.
    If you do switch often between German versions, if you make them all display versions in the browse window, you can right-click on the version abbreviation which you want to make the search version, and choose "Make This the Current Search Version" from the drop-down list. And the search version will be changed. It is actually quicker to change search versions this way than by going to the search version box in the heading of the browse window (IF the new search version was already a display version).
    I hope this helps.
    Mark Eddy

Hey Mark.

Thx for responding. The thing with the right-click on the version abbreviation is cool but is not helpful for what I meant. I actually asked that to choose a version in the analysis window in the browse tab. I use it sometimes. I guess therefore it would be a nice option to change the order of the drop-down menu of bible versions in the browse window header.

By the way, when I choose a version in the browse tab, the abbreviation for each bible version in the browse window always syncronizes to the version chosen in the browse tab no matter whether I syncronize the browse window tab. After doing this I can still see the previous chosen version in the browse window but after I do anything it is changing to the version I chose in the browse tab. Is there any bug or what do I misinterprete?

Steffen

The version identifier above the browse window is for the SEARCH version only. It does not remove any display versions. So, even after you change the search version, the display versions will remain the same, with the addition of the new search version (if it was not already a display version). So I do not think that what you describe is a bug.
    Mark Eddy