Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Link BW8 w/ Logos 4 TDNT?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    In the latest release of Logos 4, the link issue was fixed. Just thought I would let those interested know...
    Hey Don, thanks so much for the heads up. I hate to belabor you with this follow up question, but could you please just lay out the steps involved in creating the link in BW to the resource in Logos? And the link string? Thanks!
    Last edited by ISalzman; 10-25-2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added an "s" to "thanks."

Default Link setup for TDNT in Logos

Here is the setup (I had to have my hand held getting this set up right in Feb 2009 - see this thread)

In your external links dialog (Resources | Edit external links ...), these are the settings you need:
    BibleWorks provides: Lemma

... with this text type: Greek Text

Menu Location or Event: Browse Window Greek

Map verses using ...: NULL

Menu entry text: Logos TDNT

Web page, File to open, or executable to be run:
    libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*<dummy>|l ang=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"

Parameters: NULL

Description: TDNT
    The "Web page..." is the key for inserting the link, here it is again:

libronixdls:macro|name=TextKeyLink|text=*<dummy>|l ang=el|scheme=beta|res="TDNT"

Please note that there should be no spaces in this string.

Hope that helps.
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaGrace Baptist Church of Victoria
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Thanks very much, Don! I am going to set up the link.

By the way, did you enjoy the 'Golden Goal' last February? (i.e., Crosby on Miller in overtime)

Thank you, Don! Now that we have the paradigm, we should be able to get a few other ones linked up. Eg, I have the Exegetical Dictionary of the NT in Logos, and I simply needed to replace the "TDNT" with "EXGDCTNT"

Now, I'm still having trouble linking to a verse in the SESB NA27 critical edition I have in Logos. It still keeps want to open up my old Libronix Logos3 (which I haven't yet uninstalled). Do you have a list of "macro|name" functions?

Based on your model, I'm trying something like this >
    libronixdls:macro|name=KeyLink|ref=[en]bible:<book>%20<chapter>%3A<verse>|res="NA27GBS"
    but that still wants to open open Logos3.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Mark, I believe the "Libronixdls" that you have at the beginning of your string is code for Libronix (or Logos) 3.

Mark, I believe the "Libronixdls" that you have at the beginning of your string is code for Libronix (or Logos) 3.
    Yes, but I think it is also the same for Logos4. Note that it is used in Don's example which does correctly open Logos4 for me. The "macro|name" parameter is new, however.
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    Thanks very much, Don! I am going to set up the link.

By the way, did you enjoy the 'Golden Goal' last February? (i.e., Crosby on Miller in overtime)
    Well, yes, but not directly... my brother was returning from a trip to Israel that day, our services end in the afternoon, so I was driving up Vancouver Island that afternoon to preach for his evening service. My sister called me as soon as Crosby scored. I actually only took time to watch the game a few weeks ago... getting me prepped for the new hockey season.
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaVictoria, BC
    Jeremiah 33.3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Default Link to NA27

Quote Originally Posted by MGVH View Post
    Thank you, Don! Now that we have the paradigm, we should be able to get a few other ones linked up. Eg, I have the Exegetical Dictionary of the NT in Logos, and I simply needed to replace the "TDNT" with "EXGDCTNT"

Now, I'm still having trouble linking to a verse in the SESB NA27 critical edition I have in Logos. It still keeps want to open up my old Libronix Logos3 (which I haven't yet uninstalled). Do you have a list of "macro|name" functions?

Based on your model, I'm trying something like this >
    libronixdls:macro|name=KeyLink|ref=[en]bible:<book>%20<chapter>%3A<verse>|res="NA27GBS"
    but that still wants to open open Logos3.
    Here is the link I have in BW, I don't know where I got it, maybe from someone here? Can't remember...

BibleWorks provides: Verse Reference

... with this text type: Bible Verse

Menu Location or Event: Browse Window Greek

Map verses using ...: KJV

Menu entry text: Logos NA27

Web page, File to open, or executable to be run:
    libronixdls:keylink|ref=[en]bible:<Book> <Chapter>:<Verse>|res=LLS:NA27

Parameters: NULL

Description: NA27
    This works for me.

I, too, have Logos 3 installed, but I no longer call it with any of my BW links... don't know why it is doing that for you. I think in my experiments further up the thread I sometimes called Logos 3 by making some changes to my link, but I can't recall exactly how that happened.
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaVictoria, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Don Johnson View Post
    Well, yes, but not directly... my brother was returning from a trip to Israel that day, our services end in the afternoon, so I was driving up Vancouver Island that afternoon to preach for his evening service. My sister called me as soon as Crosby scored. I actually only took time to watch the game a few weeks ago... getting me prepped for the new hockey season.
    Watching that game would certainly achieve the goal of priming the pump for the new NHL season! I would assume you're a Canucks fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ISalzman View Post
    I would assume you're a Canucks fan.
    well, no, I'm from near Edmonton... we beat the champs tonight...
    Maranatha!
    Don Johnson
    Pastor
    aaaaaVictoria, BC