Thread: QSM names

Question QSM names

Is there any place where i can find the names of the manuscripts in QSM that are indicated by their abbreviations. It would be helpful if this list included the names in Hebrew as sometimes there is s big difference. For example The Manual of Discipline is very different in Hebrew, SEREC HaYACHAD, which means the Order of the Community.

Quote Originally Posted by Yitshak Kugler
    Is there any place where i can find the names of the manuscripts in QSM that are indicated by their abbreviations. It would be helpful if this list included the names in Hebrew as sometimes there is s big difference. For example The Manual of Discipline is very different in Hebrew, SEREC HaYACHAD, which means the Order of the Community.
    Hello Yitshak!

I noticed one of your other posts that you have just purchased 6.0 along with the QSM! Excellent purchase choice!

Have you downloaded the latest updates? Make sure you read the help files about updates!

In the recent past the folks at BW added the manuscript names to go along with the abbreviations. Unfortunately, the Hebrew names are not there (only English names). It may be nice add the Hebrew names, or other alternatives (German, French, etc.). In the meantime, I would take a look at the SBL Handbook of Style. I believe that it has a chart in one of its appendices that lists the standard abbreviation and some of the alternate titles.
    Jim Darlack - Reference Librarian at Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    Gloucester Assembly of God | Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary
    The 'Unofficial' BibleWorks Blog | Old in the New | Facebook | LibraryThing

Question Sbl

It would be nice to know where the SBL Handbook of Styles is located.

Default Library

The SBL Handbook of Style can be found in most seminary libraries. If you are not close to one you can also purchase a copy from most book sellers on the web.

If you are a member of SBL you can get access to an electronic copy on the SBL website (www.sbl-site.org).

Title: The SBL handbook of style : for Ancient Near Eastern, Biblical, and early Christian studies / edited by Patrick H. Alexander ... [et al.].

Imprint: Peabody, Mass. : Hendrickson Publishers, 1999.
    Hope that helps.
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;