Thread: How to subscribe to a specific thread

Default How to subscribe to a specific thread or forum

What is a post?

A post is just a message that you publish to the forums. It is similar to an email message.

What is a thread?

A thread is a number of posts on the same subject. With email, this is similar to a string of emails generated when people send email reponses to a given email message.

How can I get email notification when people post to the forums?

You can subscribe to a thread in all of the forums. When you are subscribed to a thread, you can do several things:
    1. Receive email whenever a new post is made to the thread.
    2. View all subscribed threads (Log in, go to the "User CP" on the toolbar of the forum, select "List subscriptions")
    There are different ways to subscribe to a thread:
    1. If you post a new thread or reply to an existing one, there is a control at the bottom of the editor that lets you subscribe.
    2. To set your default mode to be "subscribe to thread after posting", go to the "User CP" on the toolbar of the forums and select "Edit Options". There you can customize your account's default behavior.
    3. If you are just reading a thread, you can choose "Thread Tools" at the top of the message and select "Subscribe to this thread".
    How do I subscribe to an entire forum?
    In addition, you can subscribe to an entire forum: Click on the forum to which you want to subscribe. When it lists the various threads in that forum, there will be a "Forum Tools" button at the top. Select the option entitled "Subscribe to this forum".

If you click on "User CP" in the forum menu, it will show your personal control panel (CP). From here you can view your current subscriptions.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by MTan; 04-01-2004 at 07:30 PM.

Default What is a Sticky

Michael,

Two things:

1. What is a Sticky?

2. When I go to the Forum main page I do not see a "Forum Tools' button that I can subscribe to the entire forum.

Thanks,
    Joe Fleener

jfleener@digitalexegesis.com
    Home Page: www.digitalexegesis.com
    Blog: http://emethaletheia.blogspot.com/

Annotated Bibliography of Online Research Tools: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibliography

User Created BibleWorks Modules: www.digitalexegesis.com/bibleworks

Psalm 46:11
    `#r<a'(B' ~Wra' ~yIAGB; ~Wra' ~yhi_l{a/ ykinOa'-yKi W[d>W WPr>h;

Hi Joe! A "sticky" is a post that gets put at the top of the forum listing. It's usually reserved for important or common topics.

The Forum Tools menu is shown when you enter a specific forum, so you need to first enter the forum, andthen you can subscribe to it...

Michael