What is a post?
A post is just a message that you publish to the forums. It is similar to an email message.
What is a thread?
A thread is a number of posts on the same subject. With email, this is similar to a string of emails generated when people send email reponses to a given email message.
How can I get email notification when people post to the forums?
You can subscribe to a thread in all of the forums. When you are subscribed to a thread, you can do several things:
There are different ways to subscribe to a thread:
- Receive email whenever a new post is made to the thread.
- View all subscribed threads (Log in, go to the "User CP" on the toolbar of the forum, select "List subscriptions")
How do I subscribe to an entire forum?
- If you post a new thread or reply to an existing one, there is a control at the bottom of the editor that lets you subscribe.
- To set your default mode to be "subscribe to thread after posting", go to the "User CP" on the toolbar of the forums and select "Edit Options". There you can customize your account's default behavior.
- If you are just reading a thread, you can choose "Thread Tools" at the top of the message and select "Subscribe to this thread".
In addition, you can subscribe to an entire forum: Click on the forum to which you want to subscribe. When it lists the various threads in that forum, there will be a "Forum Tools" button at the top. Select the option entitled "Subscribe to this forum".
If you click on "User CP" in the forum menu, it will show your personal control panel (CP). From here you can view your current subscriptions.
Hope that helps!