Thread: mouse wheel scrolling? BW5

Hybrid View

Default mouse wheel scrolling? BW5

Hi, this is my first post...I'm considering getting Bible Works 8. My main complaint for BW5 is that I can't seem to find a way to use my mouse wheel to scroll in the main bible text window-the one I use all the time to read. It's frustrating that I can scroll down while reading - instead I have to move the mouse to the side tab arrow and use that to scroll.....
    does the new BW8 have the ability to scroll with the mouse.....or am I missing something about BW5?

thanks

Default should read "can't" scroll

I "can't" scroll down with the mouse wheel.

If you set the Browse Window display mode to Browse Mode (you can click on the button with two footprints to do this), then click inside the Browse Window to give it the focus, then you can use the scroll wheel to scroll the text in BibleWorks 8.

It has been so long since I used BW5 that I don't remember if it works in BW5 or not. I expect that it does. You might want to contact Customer Service about it. They should be able to help you. You can contact them through the link in my singnature line.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Lightbulb BWX Mouse Wheel Scrolling in Browse Window

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
    Hi, this is my first post...I'm considering getting Bible Works 8. My main complaint for BW5 is that I can't seem to find a way to use my mouse wheel to scroll in the main bible text window-the one I use all the time to read. It's frustrating that I can scroll down while reading - instead I have to move the mouse to the side tab arrow and use that to scroll.....
    does the new BW8 have the ability to scroll with the mouse.....or am I missing something about BW5?

thanks
    I recently upgraded from BW8 to BW9. In BW9 the mouse wheel would not scroll the Browse Window. All other applications seemed to work fine. When I checked the Device Manager I saw that the mouse driver was a generic USB mouse, not the Microsoft Arc Mouse I was using. Windows Update fixed the problem. The Browse Window will now scroll using the mouse wheel.

The Diagramming Window, however, still does not allow mouse wheel scrolling (pity). But others have noted this issue.

Default MS Mouse scrolling

Hi:
    I have Bibleworks 9 and have been using a Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse for some time. My scroll wheel works great in all my applications except in BW. It will scroll the various windows but not well at all - to the point where it is useless...it kinda grabs and then stops working and grabs again - very erratic. Any ideas of how to fix this?
    Bruce Shauger
    MDiv Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
    BS LeTourneau University