Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bibleworks 9 coming out?

Default Bibleworks 9 coming out?

I noticed the price increase for Bibleworks 6 in August 2010. Is there going to be a new Bibleworks version in August 2010?

I highly doubt it. The price increase is mainly just because there are SO many new things in BW8 compared to BW6, they probably just couldn't continue to cover the royalty costs for those wanting to upgrade to BW8 from BW6.

Bibleworks is as secretive as Apple is about a new product coming out (even add-on modules). What I have found to be true for the most part is that they generally come out with a new version about every 3 years. The last one was in the winter of 2008, so I would anticipate a new version in the winter (November or December) of 2011. And as always, I'm sure they won't disappoint.

I almost hesitate to say this, but I'm not even ready for a new version yet. I'm still learning so much about version 8.

Dave
    David Spear
    Calvary Chapel of Manassas
    Manassas, Va. 20110
    http://www.calvarychapelmanassas.org/
    KJV Romans 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without (apart from) the deeds of the law.

Default RE: Bible-works 9 coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post
    I almost hesitate to say this, but I'm not even ready for a new version yet. I'm still learning so much about version 8.

Dave
    Dave, I am with you!! I have a lot more to learn before I buy anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by roblumba View Post
    I noticed the price increase for Bibleworks 6 in August 2010. Is there going to be a new Bibleworks version in August 2010?
    I hope not!

I still haven't found my way around all that is contained in BW8.

The last two Bibleworks releases have been in January:
    January 25, 2006 (for version 7) and
    January 19, 2009 (for version 8).
    Therefore a September date maybe unlikely.

Although, they very well might be getting ready to release some new databases at the end of this year or the beginning of next.

But, I personally think a January 2012 might be more probable for a Bibleworks 9 release. That's If, the BW keeps with what seems to be their usual schedule.

Last edited by bkMitchell; 06-27-2010 at 10:42 PM.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

Quote Originally Posted by calvary View Post

Dave
    Agreed! BW8 is a comprehensive package... lot's of learning still to do!

I feel the same. But there is one thing that I really like about Bibleworks. When they come out with an upgrade, there really are significant improvements/new features. They don't bring out a new version just to bring out a new version.

Kudos to Bibleworks!!!!!

Default Christian Book Distributors advertise Bibleworks 9?

I just got a new Christian Book Distributors catalog in the mail. On page 42 they are advertising as NEW, Bibleworks 9. Since there is nothing on the Bibleworks site, perhaps it's a mistake, but it looks like the real thing...

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1819
Size:  154.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    I just got a new Christian Book Distributors catalog in the mail. On page 42 they are advertising as NEW, Bibleworks 9. Since there is nothing on the Bibleworks site, perhaps it's a mistake, but it looks like the real thing...

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 1819
Size:  154.3 KB
    Probably a typo - their website still lists only BibleWorks 8 - however, we will see.