Thread: Can't get BW8 to copy to Open Office Writer

Default Can't get BW8 to copy to Open Office Writer

It gives me the error "Requested Clipboard Format not available." I swear I was able to do this before and it is really weird that I can't now. Has anyone had that problem? I just installed Zotero the other day, and I'm not sure if that could have done it (I doubt it, but hey, anything is possible).

**Update** Can copy from the BW8 editor, and can copy my ESV text to the editor and then copy it to OO - Writer, but can't copy directly to OOWriter from the ESV. I can drag and drop from the editor and I can drag and drop from the text to the editor, but I can't drag and drop from the text to OOwriter either.
    Last edited by zackskrip; 06-16-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Default Found a work-around

So, I found that if I went Edit-->Paste Special I can then select "RTF text" or "Unformatted Text" but "HTML Text" does not work. I wonder if the bibles in BW are in an HTML file that is conflicting with OOw... Well, I got it working at least, so that's cool. I'm still mildly interested in what's causing it, but no big deal.

Zack

aha! So if I turn of html support in my export options standard copy/paste works fine. Well, glad I could work out this issue for everyone to see. My only hope would be that someone else will find this useful and not have to look like an idiot!