Thread: How Do I Synchronize a Floating X-Ref Window?

Default How Do I Synchronize a Floating X-Ref Window?

When I browse through verses in the Browse Window, my floating x-ref window does not stay synchronized. The only button I can find is one that returns me to the first verse I started browsing. How can I 'update' the x-ref window to show references for the verse currently displayed in the Browse Window.

Thanks much,

Tim

Just move your mouse over the verse in the Browse window and this should cause the x-ref window to update automatically.

I have tried mousing over and it does not work. I have also tried holding down various keys (Alt, etc.) when I mouse over, without success. I have also tried clicking and double-clicking in various parts of the Browse Window and the floating x-ref window.

So, any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Time

If that is not working then you probably need to reset your ini file. Do this by holding down the shift key when you open BW and it will give you the approriate options.

Know, however, that you will lose your customized settings, so you save all settings that are important to you.

Thank you so much. That did the trick.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Adelphos View Post
    Know, however, that you will lose your customized settings, so you save all settings that are important to you.
    Hi Adelphos,

How do you save your settings. Elsewhere on this forum I mentioned what I did to restore everything, but if you know a more efficient way (and I'm sure that there has to be) I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

The term "settings" can mean a number of things. But I save my tabs settings, my version order settings, my Browse window Bible groups (i.e., KJV SCR WTT...) and so on, as well as any other settings that BW allows you to save. That's what I meant by saving your settings.

Just in case someone might need it. Here are your favorite settings stored. Copy that file and keep it in a safe place. It can save a lot of time when you have to reinstall.

Roel

Name:  BW storage favorite settings.gif
Views: 50
Size:  5.4 KB