Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Q] Display Window -- How to display more than a single verse?

Default [Q] Display Window -- How to display more than a single verse?

Does an option exist that would enable me to display and arbitrary number of verses? For example, how would I configure BW to display gen 1:1-3?

thanks, in advance

Michael
    Often wrong, never in doubt

I type 'p nau' in the command line that would give you the NASBU version and everything in context.

You can also do 'p NAU KJV NIV BGT to get multiple versions

The browse window can toggle between single version and multiple version mode. (The footsteps icon OR View/Toggle Browse Mode).

When in multiple version mode (you can actually have only one version displayed if you want) you can type in a range of verses, like Gen 1:1-3 and it will display them. If you have more than one version displayed, it will show all three verses for all versions.

Is that what you are looking for? If not, post back.

Quote Originally Posted by mtp1032 View Post
    Does an option exist that would enable me to display and arbitrary number of verses? For example, how would I configure BW to display gen 1:1-3?
    Just type on the command line that exact reference, i.e. --

gen 1:1-3

Default Version 8?

There are several things that you can do.
    clicking on the shoe prints over the browse window will toggle from a display of one verse in as many versions as you choose, to a display of a range of verses in your search version, as many verses as will fit in the window.

I sometimes will have the main window displaying Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, Latin and a formal and dynamic English Translation while in the right hand tab display I will open a browse window to the version in which I want to see the context.
    SkipB

"Ambitious to be well-pleasing unto him"
    RJ Blackburn
    Reformed Episcopal Seminary

http://www.reseminary.edu

Nice avatar, Skip. Is that new? And how does one get an avatar for these forums?

Default Sort of new...

If you are logged in, click settings upper right menu
    Then from list on left select "edit avatar"
    I choose the use custom and upload options.
    I reduced a graphic that I made for a PowerPoint background I composed to use in a lecture on text, translation, and transmission in my Pentateuch class.
    SkipB

RJ Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    If you are logged in, click settings upper right menu
    Then from list on left select "edit avatar"
    I choose the use custom and upload options.
    I reduced a graphic that I made for a PowerPoint background I composed to use in a lecture on text, translation, and transmission in my Pentateuch class.
    Thanks Skip. Wow, so you teach a Pentateuch class. That's great. Now you've really got my interest. What is your required course text book? Have you ever seen or read any of John Sailhamer, The Pentateuch as Narrative?

Default Tough Question

For some reason I always wince when somebody asks me if I've read something... because I have a list as long as my arm of books that; 1) I have read enough of them to know I want to do a careful reading; but 2) I have not had time to do so yet.
    Sailhamer should be higher on my list. I've read enough to proctor a correspondence course that uses the text, but I am not comfortable with it. I don't critique things though until I have really scoped them out. I really should add him to my list of books for this summer.
    Working on Akkadian and Sumerian anthologies in translation right now. Have been putting off learning Akkadian far too long. And every year it is harder to teach the old dog new tricks.
    SkipB

RJ Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by SkipB View Post
    For some reason I always wince when somebody asks me if I've read something... because I have a list as long as my arm of books that; 1) I have read enough of them to know I want to do a careful reading; but 2) I have not had time to do so yet.
    Sailhamer should be higher on my list. I've read enough to proctor a correspondence course that uses the text, but I am not comfortable with it. I don't critique things though until I have really scoped them out. I really should add him to my list of books for this summer.
    Working on Akkadian and Sumerian anthologies in translation right now. Have been putting off learning Akkadian far too long. And every year it is harder to teach the old dog new tricks.
    Okay, thanks Skip. Perhaps I should then ask you what text you do use as your major course text book. For my part, I liked Sailhamer's book. I've heard good things about Gary Schnittjer, The Torah Story.