Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling Irving and Brian...

Default The fallacy of objectivity

I was born again at about the same time I started Journalism school at a state university (mid-70's, post-Watergate). The consensus in classes was that objectivity is subjective, and ultimately unattainable. The graduates from that period are now those in the upper management of our news outlets; our current situation is thus not surprising, but is the fruit of a very bad tree.

By contrast, I came to the conclusion during those years that objectivity exists alone in the Godhead. Man on his own is incapable of objectivity because he cannot see the end from the beginning (Isaiah 46:9-10; Eccl. 3:11); only by conforming his life to Scripture can a person hope for some semblance of objectivity, seeing the world from God's perspective.

You are correct that objectivity in the human is a myth.

Whoever you are, you are either on one side or the other, which means you either truly belong to Jesus Christ, or you don't, even if you don't know that those are your only two real choices.

That is the ultimate reality, and that is the only true reality, for your positional being -- either in or out of Jesus Christ -- is the sole determination of where you will spend eternity, and the eternity you will dwell in will not only be forever, but it will be more real than the world you live in now.

Jesus himself stated it so bluntly that it can't be denied --

"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad... Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." Matthew 12:30, John 6:27