Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will there be a BibleWorks 8 App on ndroid or Iphone like Logos has?

Default Switching to Logos

"We note concurrently that products of near-handheld-size, such as mini-notebooks, already have the capability of running BibleWorks. We foresee such products soon migrating to handheld size, making a port of BibleWorks to existing handheld devices of only temporary utility."

In the meantime, I'm interested enough in this utility that I'm considering switching to Logos.

Default Along Those Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Galt View Post
    "We note concurrently that products of near-handheld-size, such as mini-notebooks, already have the capability of running BibleWorks. We foresee such products soon migrating to handheld size, making a port of BibleWorks to existing handheld devices of only temporary utility."

In the meantime, I'm interested enough in this utility that I'm considering switching to Logos.
    Things are not all that rosy in Logosville at present. I have Logos 4 and have the Android app on a couple of devices. Development on the Android beta has slowed to a crawl, no new beta release since the end of January. My understanding is that things are also slow on the iOS side. They appear to be having problems finding a way to sync things like notes and highlights from the desktop to the mobile platforms. At present the Android app is barely usable for simple reading and is not usable for things like searching or reading notes. Logos has some major technical hurdles in trying to support PC, Mac, Android and iOS. I too wish BW would reconsider, but when I see a much larger company like Logos struggling to develop across four platforms, I understand BW's decision to do what they do well and leave everything else alone.

I've contacted Bob Prichett (Logos CEO) about my frustrations with Logos on the Mac and Android platforms. He believes that they are bringing new resources to bear that will make a difference. I hope he's right.

Just my two cents.

A frustrated part-time Logos user.
    Last edited by ccozier; 04-17-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Rev. Clint Cozier, Ph.D.
    Pastor, Cherry Valley Church
    Caledonia, Michigan

Default What a difference six weeks make

Just thought it would be responsible to post a semi-retraction 0f my comments about the Logos Android app last month. With the release of v. 1 of the Android app, Logos has made great strides. Both the Word Study and Passage Guide reports are very usable. Dual pane reading is very nice and most of the font problems have gone away (though there are still problems displaying vowels that need both an accent mark and / or a breathing mark or iota subscript). Still no user notes (a deal breaker for serious work IMO), but they are making progress.

If I had my choice, I would prefer (at least until I see the price) a Windows 8 tablet with BW8 over any other solution I've seen on a tablet. That said, Logos has now given me a quite usable tool that is getting better with each release.
    Last edited by ccozier; 05-30-2012 at 08:39 AM.
    Rev. Clint Cozier, Ph.D.
    Pastor, Cherry Valley Church
    Caledonia, Michigan