Thread: Where is the punctuation in the LXX?

Default Where is the punctuation in the LXX?

Has anyone else noticed that in the LXX BibleWorks version there does not appear to be punctuation? I am confused by this, since I thought that was based off of Brenton, which in hard copy form does have punctuation. Even when using the BGT version, there is punctuation in the NT but not the OT/LXX when I try to view it. (I use BibleWorks 8.)

Does anyone else have a problem with this? I searched the Help files in BW and the forums and couldn't find anything. For example, my Micah 4:1 looks like this in BW:

καὶ ἔσται ἐπ᾽ ἐσχάτων τῶν ἡμερῶν ἐμφανὲς τὸ ὄρος τοῦ κυρίου ἕτοιμον ἐπὶ τὰς κορυφὰς τῶν ὀρέων καὶ μετεωρισθήσεται ὑπεράνω τῶν βουνῶν καὶ σπεύσουσιν πρὸς αὐτὸ λαοί

But it should look like this (Brenton):

καὶ ἔσται ἐπ᾽ ἐσχάτων τῶν ἡμερῶν ἐμφανὲς τὸ ὄρος τοῦ κυρίου,ἕτοιμον ἐπὶ τὰς κορυφὰς τῶν ὀρέων, καὶ μετεωρισθήσεται ὑπεράνω τῶν βουνῶν·
    καὶ σπεύσουσιν πρὸς αὐτὸ λαοί,

This thread http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/sho...50-Punctuation speaks to your questions.

Also, LXT (BibleWorks Greek OT) is not based on Brenton. You will see the following in your Analysis pane if you move your cursor over the version id LXT or BGT in your browse pane:

LXT - LXX Septuaginta (LXT) (Old Greek Jewish Scriptures) edited by Alfred Rahlfs, Copyright © 1935 by the Württembergische Bibelanstalt / Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft (German Bible Society), Stuttgart. Used by permission. The LXX MRT (machine readable text) was prepared by the TLG (Thesaurus Linguae Graecae) Project directed by Theodore F. Brünner at University of California, Irvine. Further verification and adaptation towards conformity with the individual Goettingen editions that have appeared since 1935 (9th Edition reprint in 1971) is in process by the CATSS Project, University of Pennsylvania.

The various LXX OT Apocryphal/Deutero-Canonical books are included. Now included are the substantial text variations and multiple text types (assuming Codex Vaticanus as standard) from the Theodotian revision, Codex Alexandrinus, and Codex Sinaiticus. But not yet included are the textual variants as encoded from the apparatuses of the best available editions (especially Goettingen, Cambridge), and reformatted for computer by the Philadelphia team of the in-process CATSS Project under the direction of R. Kraft.
    Last edited by Jim Wert; 05-31-2012 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Add quote from BW Version Info pane

Thanks, Jim--I missed this before.