Thread: Parallel Versions of Tobit

Hybrid View

Default Parallel Versions of Tobit

I am working on the Greek versions of Tobit and would like to be able to put up both the S and AVB versions of the Greek (Greek I and Greek II). I cannot see a way of doing this as parallel texts. I can open the other in a separate window, but not as separate versions one over the other since they are listed as different books of the Bible. Am I missing something? Ideally I would show both the Tobit S and Tobit (AVB) and the Vulgate
    Michael Dick
    DICK@SIENA.EDU

Default Tobit in parallel

It seems to me that there are a couple ways of doing this.
    I'm using BW 6, and I don't know if it works this way in previous versions..

1) Using either BGT or LXT, when I call up Tobit 1.1, it automatically shows both Tobit and Tobit (S) in parallel. I can then add to my display the Vulgate. (Be sure you are not in Browse Mode.)

2) Use Tools / Parallel Versions Window and set up two iterations of BGT and a VUL. When you then view the window, open the one BGT to Tobit and the other to Tobit (S).

Mark
    Mark G. Vitalis Hoffman
    Professor of Biblical Studies
    Lutheran Theological Seminary at Gettysburg
    ltsg.edu - CrossMarks.com
    Biblical Studies and Technological Tools

As you have noticed ,Tobit AVB and Tobit S do not always line up verse for verse. Prof. Hoffman has given good work-arounds for now. His second suggestion will work best for verses that don't line up exactly correctly.
    But I have been told that the BW programmers are considering making the LXX variants a separate Greek version (now they are part of LXT and BGT). Once this is done, they will be able to be mapped to correspond better with the LXX text. For now, just remember to ckick on "show all LXX variants in results window" under "Options" and "General Greek Options," so that both versions display.

God bless!
    Mark Eddy
    Last edited by Mark Eddy; 09-09-2004 at 09:56 AM.