Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bibleworks vs. Logos vs. Accordance Interface

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    ... It seems for the combination of price, speed, search functions, and original language resources, Bibleworks is the way to go. However, one thing that really turns me off to Bibleworks is its interface...I would like to hear what Bibleworks users have to say specifically about this apparent weakness. And any other advice you might have would be appreciated too!
    Thanks in advance.
    My advice is:
    (1) Get BibleWorks (and you did)
    (2) Load/boot up BibleWorks and look at it's interface
    (3) Click on "Veiw" scroll down and click on Show/Hide then de-check Toolbar and Analysis Window
    (4)Notice, the much simpler or less crowded interface you now have.
    (5)You may or may not be in favor of that arrangement, but you know now that it is possible to change BibleWorks. For example you can also have the analysis placed at the bottom of the browse window, change font size and color, and much more. So, take sometime to explore and play with BibleWorks many options.

BibleWorks is a highly configurable program, allows you to rearrange, and manipulate various aspects of it's interface. If you find that have two or more different arrangements you are fond of you can use the Enable configuration manager option to save these different arrangment under specific titles.
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/

I just got my BibleWorks DVD today, and I feel like a kid in a candy shop. It's going to take me a while to figure this all out, but I certainly appreciate the many tips you all have given me. I plan to give them all a try. Thanks again to all of you for taking the time to respond.

I just got my BibleWorks DVD today, and I feel like a kid in a candy shop.
    Yup, I know the feeling! Congratulations!!! And stay in touch.

Default Kid with candy

I just got my BibleWorks DVD today, and I feel like a kid in a candy shop....
    And I feel the same way whenever I update to a new version. BW provides so much value on new releases, that it's like getting a brand new program. The well established user interface stays pretty stable, but the features, modules, and power increases by startling jumps over the previous version.

Dale A. Brueggemann

כִּי עֶזְרָא הֵכִין לְבָבוֹ לִדְרוֹשׁ אֶת־תּוֹרַת יְהוָה וְלַעֲשֹׂת וּלְלַמֵּד בְּיִשְׂרָאֵל חֹק וּמִשְׁפָּט (Ezra 7:10)

Quote Originally Posted by jdarlack View Post
    I've put together a bare-minimum tutorial for folks just starting to use BibleWorks on our seminary computers.

One of the biggest things I stress to beginners is that it's worth learning the command line shortcuts and 'control characters' right off the bat. Hence, in the tutorial, I introduce commands like bgm <enter> d c bgt lxe nrs <enter>, and I highlight the necessary and powerful period ( . ), apostrophe ( ' ) and forward slash ( / ).

*Unfortunately, we've not been able to upgrade to version 8 yet, so the tutorial is specifically geared to version 7, but all of the info, as far as I can tell, is still valid even if the screenshots don't reflect the latest version.
    *The tutorial is very 'dense' because it's intended to be printed on a single double-sided sheet of paper.
    Thanks for the tips. However, the link you provided seems to be dead. Is the tutorial available somewhere else?

Thanks for the tips. However, the link you provided seems to be dead. Is the tutorial available somewhere else?
    Hello Lee,

I am not Jdarlack and I am sure his tutorial will be helpful once, he gets back to you.
    But, until that time and If you have not done so already I highly recommend you take a look at:

(1) the Video Study Guides that come with BibleWorks

(2)The official Bibleworks' tips found here here:
    http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/

(3) Explore the BibleWorks Wiki Web
    found at (http://wiki.luthersem.edu/bin/view/BibleWorks/WebHome)
    Brian K. Mitchell
    חפשו בתורה היטב ואל תסתמכו על דברי
    http://www.adfontes.mitchellbk.com/