Thread: Can we create custom keyboard shortcuts, say like Reaper does?

Hybrid View

Smile Can we create custom keyboard shortcuts, say like Reaper does?

Things that would benefit if users could map Bibleworks actions to keyboard shortcuts:

A super quick way (ie. keyboard command shortcut) to append the continuous flow of verses to a text file, when studying the Bible with someone, to give to them when finished.

I saw the S key shortcut synchronizes ONLY one way: from the external browse window to the main gui browse window - never the other way around, which would allow a search in the main gui but push the output to a browse window from which to read aloud.

I know there is a button to do this: push the main gui browser to the external browse window but if one is in front of a crowd, the extra time and attention to the mouse is undesirable.

Cockos Reaper, a daw program for creating music, provides a huge list of ACTIONS - things the program can do, any of which can be mapped to keyboard keys.

For instance - if Bibleworks had an action list, it might include:
    Append selected browsers verse(s) to text file: shift-p (to give to new Christians after a long Bible study)
    Push/synch main gui verse to external browse window verse: alt-s
    Push/synch main gui verse to parallel window browser: shift-s
    Push/synch external browse window contents to main gui browse window: shift-s
    Open external browse window with main gui synchronized contents: alt-p
    Add browse list to verse list manager: shift-b
    add verse in which cursor rests to verse list manager: ctrl-b

This allows the user to FLY through his work without the clumsiness of menus, mouse navigation, etc.

Perhaps Bibleworks already has mappable commands to keyboard shortcuts? I searched but did not find.

Perhaps the user community could create this?

Love!
    Hopkins
    Last edited by Hopkins; 04-21-2010 at 09:55 PM.