Thread: 3+ desired English translations

1. Default 3+ desired English translations

There are 3+ translations of the New Testament (unfortunately, not the OT for 2 of them) that I would love to see added to BW's repertoire (for BW 7, I suppose). They are the J.B. Phillips NT translation (1958), The Christian Counselor's New Testament (1977 - It would be marvelous to have this with the verse commentary by Adams, available such as the John Wesley notes currently are), and the two Jay P. Green, Sr. versions, The Literal Translation of the Holy Bible and the Literal KJV (don't know dates).

Too much to ask for? The worst I can hear is no. Thanks, for a great resource!

In Him, Bennett B. Wethered
    Pastor, Dayspring Orthodox Presbyterian Church
    Warrenton/New Baltimore, Virginia
    www.dayspringopc.org

Default Wesley's Notes

Their is a post called Master List of BW add-ons Created by Users that will give you a link to download the Wesley Note file.
    Last edited by Ken Neighoff; 02-22-2006 at 10:31 PM.

Default And another

The translation I'd most like to see (maybe this is a British interest) is the Revised English Bible, or failing that the NEB. It would also be good to have the original JB as well as the NJB.
    What are the chances?

Red face Don't forget the TNIV

I have to put in my obligatory plug for the TNIV. I think half of my posts are promoting this version. I like it less than my posts would indicate, but I think it is a gaping hole in the BW repertoire.