Thread: locate verses with notes

Default locate verses with notes

I thought we had a new feature, able to locate verses with notes by searching from the commandbar for... something simple. Semi-colon, or colon or something.

Anyone remember what it is? I haven't found it in the help or searching the forums.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman View Post
    I thought we had a new feature, able to locate verses with notes by searching from the commandbar for... something simple. Semi-colon, or colon or something.

Anyone remember what it is? I haven't found it in the help or searching the forums.
    As far as I know this doesn't exist, not directly from the CL. You can, however, click on the binocular icon from within the notes window itself and this allows you to search for specified text.

Default Classroom Tip 4.1

Hi Ben,

Classroom Tip 4.1 (http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/4_01/index.html) gives a lot of information about searching the user-created notes. Click on the binoculars button to open the search window, then search on a space. That should yield a list of all your user-created notes.

After you search the notes, you can you can then export the verse list to the Search Window. Keep in mind that the export feature only finds verse notes, not chapter or topical notes.
    Glenn Weaver

For technical support, please contact Customer Support.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Weaver View Post
    Hi Ben,

Classroom Tip 4.1 (http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/4_01/index.html) gives a lot of information about searching the user-created notes. Click on the binoculars button to open the search window, then search on a space. That should yield a list of all your user-created notes.

After you search the notes, you can you can then export the verse list to the Search Window. Keep in mind that the export feature only finds verse notes, not chapter or topical notes.
    I thought about this solution too, but I think he meant, how do you find verses with version notes, not user-created ones. I guess he'll be able to clarify.
    Michael Hanel
    PhD candidate Classics Univ. of Cincinnati
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    MA Classics Washington University
    Unofficial BibleWorks Blog
    LibraryThing!

Sorry for the confusion.
    I'm looking for a CL search that finds all verses with a user note attached, not a way to search the note-text.
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Spackman View Post
    Sorry for the confusion.
    I'm looking for a CL search that finds all verses with a user note attached, not a way to search the note-text.
    Then Glenn's solution should do what you want, right?
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!

Technically, yeah, but it's slower. Coulda sworn it was a 1 or 2 character CL search.

Edit: It works fine though.
    Ben

If you need to check back, the feature was introduced in this message thread.
    Michael Hanel
    MDiv Concordia Seminary
    LibraryThing!